Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pat Boone Movie...Bernadine

Post Thanks / Like

One other piece worth mentioning is that I had just had my first date with Judy, my now late wife, on the previous Saturday and already had set a date for the following Saturday. In the middle of that week I saw that on Thrusday "Bernadine" was playing in Hollywood. So I immediately set up a date for Thursday night.

Beleive it or not, the less than perfect lady went to sleep in MY movie. To her good fortune, we still had our next Saturday date. The rest is history. I still tell my kids that they wouldn't be here if I hadn't set that Saturday date in advance, because I was PISSED.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene East View Post
    I remember that movie and would love to see it again. Did Pat Boone actually drive a boat or was this just "movie magic".

We watched an old Guy Lombardo New Years Eve program on PBS last weekend. The credits showed him in his racing jacket.

I suspect he had bigger balls than most celebrity boat racers.

BTW: Norma was not impressed to learn Guy Lombardo was a boat racer.

Gene

Your wish to see it again. Here is the full length Pat Boone Bernardine movie on youtube I recently posted over on Hydroracer

http://hydroracer.net/forums/forum/m...rom-the-1950-s

Pete
    " Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead" Ben Franklin
    " ------- well Doctor what have we got a Republic or Monarchy? A Republic he replies if you can keep it"
    Benjamin Franklin, 1787 Constitutional Convention, as recorded by signer James McHenry's in his diary at the Library of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Brother Was In The Movie

My brother used my # 3 A Motor in the movie, he damaged the prop and collected $32 insurance on it...Props cost $32 in those days!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just starting my senior year and nearing the end of my first year of alky racing when I saw that movie. That was in 1966 and I saw it on television. I would have never tuned in to a show with that title, but the TV happened to be on when I walked into the room and saw the race boats. I did not see the beginning, but whatever I was planning to do I forgot about and just sat down to watch it. No one else was in the room, the TV was just left on. I watched until the end, and wrote down the name, hoping I would see the whole movie again some day. I finally did but it was more than thirty years later when I happened to stumble across it on a satellite channel and it was aired several times during that week.

I wish I had known Russ was in it when Joe and I met Russ at the first DePue Reunion in 2007. It would have been fun listening to him tell us all about the filming, the racing, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Betty Pinarelli and My Brother

About the time this movie came out, my brother's girl friend was Betty Pinarelli. She both a 1954 Chevy convertible a Terrill A Hydro and a double deck trailer. When the call came for A Hydro to go to Lake Saguaro outside of Phoenix everyone that could walk headed for Phoenix. Of course, the rumor was paid hotels, free food and $25 bucks a day.

Betty was ready to go, but my brother didn't have a boat or engine. So, he borrow his fraternity brother's Kean Craft B Hydro and my number three A motor...If you look at the picture, my A motors all had a spark advance knob mad of aluminum. They original "K" was heavy and in corners would retard the spark (No bungees in those days)....and the weight would break the spark arm off, so, may dad machining aluminum spark knobs...Number one motor had one ring machined around it, number two had 2 and 3 had 3...Even for $25 BUCKS A DAY MY DAD AND I WEREN'T LETTING MY BROTHER TAKE MY NUMBER ONE OR NUMBER TWO MOTOR TO MAKE A STUPID MOVIE.

Look at the spark knob on my #3 motor, it is made of aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Funny How Memories Go..

My #3 A Motor had a sand cast case that had been a KE-4 case, which had a small carburetor. My dad "KIND OF" liked these "Tight" cases but they had a small carb opening. Also, my dad felt that the sand cast cases "LEAKED" crankcase pressure. So, my number 3 A motor had a crankcase that the OLD MAN had opened the carburetor opening, but he also painted the inside of the case with about three coats of red lead paint. We never raced this motor, but it was fast. We sold it and our number two A motor to Doc Collins. Alan Iishi has one of these motors today! Maybe, both of them! Bob Martin bought my number one motor, as I out grew A pretty fast!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 10-16-2023 at 11:02 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/XffQvbjU1Ao?t=356

here is the whole movie

Thread Information