Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SST 70, Change to Formula 75

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Optimax

Larry....Kelly Kidwell is a nephew of Kerry Kidwell. Kerry resides in Calif and has come back a couple years when we run StLouis. Kerry was big in the west coast circuit some years ago. Like some of us, he has gained a few years!!

I dont have Kerry's phone number but Kelly is 314-707-5432

The starting thing is the biggest drawback on the optimax. I dont care what kinda batterys ya use, and weve tried em all. Until Mercury makes some internal changes and/or the PCM it will still not fire off the beach.

Lotsa props used last year, most directly from Merc itself. Kelly is close to Fred H up there in Wisc.

See ya Pitboss 77

Senior
    Post Thanks / Like

Default starter

I did some checking and found out that the starter has a reduction gear drive.
    Mercury needs to change the starters on racing engines. The reduction drive starters are probably OK on stock engines.
    larry

Quote Originally Posted by Pitboss
    Larry....Kelly Kidwell is a nephew of Kerry Kidwell. Kerry resides in Calif and has come back a couple years when we run StLouis. Kerry was big in the west coast circuit some years ago. Like some of us, he has gained a few years!!

I dont have Kerry's phone number but Kelly is 314-707-5432

The starting thing is the biggest drawback on the optimax. I dont care what kinda batterys ya use, and weve tried em all. Until Mercury makes some internal changes and/or the PCM it will still not fire off the beach.

Lotsa props used last year, most directly from Merc itself. Kelly is close to Fred H up there in Wisc.

See ya Pitboss 77

Thread Information