Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quincy Welding Speed Secrets Revealed

Threaded View

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Welding Speed Secrets Revealed

How many of you know that the very first Quincy stacks were made from my mom's brand new vacuum cleaner attachments?

Mom still tells me the story of how in the 1950's she finally saved up enough money to buy a brand new Kirby vacuum cleaner with all sorts of attachments, and dad came home at lunch with pipes on his mind. He saw mom's brand new chrome vacuum extension "pipes" and persuaded her to hand over the attachments so he could try them on his motor as tune pipes.

Well, she never got them back. Somebody out there may have the original Quincy Racing - Kirby pipes. I came across this picture of a Hurricane motor owned by Bob Dunlap, and this could very possibly be those 1st original Quincy pipes. That motor has got to be worth a fortune now if it is indeed the original one.

Now tell the truth, how many of you out there stole your mom's vacuum attachments to experiment with on your motors?

thanks,
    Paul A. Christner

Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment but are not to be copied to other web sites without written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information