Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

There are many Looper collectors out there. These particular pictures were taken at the big AOMC meet at Lake Shipp, Florida, in 2003.

The first picture is taken from the Ted Miller Looper collection. It consists of A, B and C Loopers.

The 2nd & 3rd photos are of an A Looper owned and restored by Bob Dunlap. It was previously owned by Mercury engineer Bill Ela. Bill won the 1970 Class A Runabout championship with this engine.

The 4th photo is a D Looper owned and restored by Bob Dunlap. It was previously owned by Rusty Lloyd and put together by Bud Parker. It has the 2nd Eldridge lower unit ever made.

If you have Looper pictures, please post them here so we can all enjoy these racing engines.

thanks,
    Paul A. Christner

Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment but cannot be copied to other web sites without written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some I took at Depue, IL a long time ago.
    Mark Nelson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    There are many Looper collectors out there. These particular pictures were taken at the big AOMC meet at Lake Shipp, Florida, in 2003.
    The 2nd & 3rd photos are of an A Looper owned and restored by Bob Dunlap. It was previously owned by Mercury engineer Bill Ela. Bill won the 1970 Class A Runabout championship with this engine.

I never thought I would see a photo of that motor again. Bill only ran runabouts and I ran that motor many times on a hydro. That year in 1970 during testing Bill went upsidedown. I had scattered the B I was going to run. Bill came to me and asked if I would go out on the 5 minute (3 minute??) gun for BH and test it for him. I did. I got kind of caught up in the heat of things. I ran out in front until the last corner until I regained my senses. I came in and Bill said "I guess it runs". Then he went out later that day and won ARR. I did qualify that same motor in 1969 at the NOA Championships in Forest Lake, Minnesota, as an A on my 11' short sponson Sid. No DQ this time. But the finals were blown out and moved to Texas.
    Last edited by Jeff Lytle; 02-16-2007 at 09:22 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Depue

That pic of the six at Depue was Howard Anderson's FRR. I have one similar taken at Lawrence Lake. And yes I would like to copy this if you don't mind. I'll scan some of it running and post them soon. I'm sure I can scrounge something up.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flatheads Forever

This was taken at Lawrence Lake in 1988. Howard andBobby Sandvig riding deck were over the record on a couple of occasions, but there is no record for 4 and 3/4 miles. He finally got the record (at age 72) with the Konig on the back. It is the only 1100 Runabout record that Terry "The Duck" Klem doesn't own. The mile and 2/3 isn't run anymore.

R.J.M. Racing Photography
    Tigard OR
    Last edited by Mark75H; 12-22-2006 at 09:11 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Pics of Outboard Collection (Loopers & Others)

Everyone dreams (at least us racing enthusiasts) of having a big toy box full of racing and other outboard engines. Please enjoy the following pictures from someone's private toy box. To have a little fun, how many of the motors can you accurately identify?

thanks,
    Paul Christner

Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and cannot be copied or transferred to any other web site without written permission.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice Toy Box

I recognized an early Konig 2-banger Aor B (I believe), a Crescent Super C or 500, the photo is a Konig FA (2 piper, last of the FA lne before the VA's were introduced), a big bore Konig VD or VE probably, an Anzani A or B, a Quincy 700 or D and lot's of old iron....

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Old Motors--

Pic no. 1 looks like My "M"-Evinrude.

Pic no. 2 looks like my first race engine a Quincy modified "D" deflector purchased from Ray Nydahl when he went to the Loopers.

Pic no. 5 looks like my "C and "D" loopers.

Bruce

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

# 4 is easy its a Super C Crescent

# 6 is another easy one it a "A" Anzanni, could be a B but I know it's an A.

I even see a rack of Lockwoods.

Post Thanks / Like

Number 7 looks like an SR, but I'm thinking completely square heads and cylinders makes it a Hubbell SR and not a pure Johnson
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Thread Information