Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

Post Thanks / Like

#1 -I believe Bruce is right, an OMC alky Midget engine.
    #2 -Quincy deflector.
    #3 -Konig gas C......Note the Quincy exhaust, Sems mag, and fuel pump.
    #4 -A later model Crescent with a cool CD set up. Hard to tell if it's gas or alky cause' you can't see the carbs. (Would hate to be the pit man standing beside that engine should a magnet explode!)
    #5 -Looper, C, D, or F that's the hard part. (Look on the bench to the right..2 Konig powerheads.)
    #6 -Bob is right, could be an A or B Anzani (That was easy!)
    #7 -Johnson PR with aftermarket cylinders and heads.
    #8 -Late model 5 port 500cc Konig.
    #9 -Lockwood Chiefs.
    #10 -Later model FA Konig. Two pipe, and CD ignition (Scatter shield for the magnets) Note the older Konig blue / white logo on the carb sheild.

A breathtaking collection.........Please show us more Paul!

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and looked at my Lockwood brochures, the ones with the flat cav plates are probably 1928's, I think the ones with the exhaust opening out the back are 1929's. 1929 Chiefs with dual carbs and Ace flywheels are the famous 92 BR racing Chiefs.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Correction Perhaps

#5 -Looper, C, D, or F that's the hard part. (Look on the bench to the right..2 Konig powerheads.)

One of those powerheads to the right has a Yamato Ignition set-up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Toy Box, This One is Full of Engines

For all of you that enjoy looking at toy boxes full of engines, here's some more toys for your entertainment.

I was quite impressed with the knowledge level of those that responded and correctly identified many of the toys in the 1st group posted.

Can you identify the various engines and/or parts in these pictures?

thanks,

Paul Christner

ps: These pictures are for your enjoyment but are not to be copied or posted on other web sites without written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like

The opposed 4 is a Yamato

The inline 4 .... if it had an earlier distributor, I'd ask if it was the 1967-68 49ci prototype Quincy made for Kiekhaefer, but the distributor is a 135 type which came out after 1969

To have the front half and an idea of what is in the back would be very interesting in Formula E ... where you can do anything to a 44 except add a supercharger or nitrous

I'd have to guess that the first motor is from a bike, but I don't know enough to go any farther
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Number Seven Is An Evinrude

It is a 60-42 Evinrude. My dad had one of the only 50 made. His was number 0041. Fred Hauenstein Sr. had one, number 4, I think...I posted some pictures of Fred's motor here somewhere...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More Pictures - Toy Box #2

Missed 2 pictures when I posted the others.

Paul

(These pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.)

Post Thanks / Like

Pic #1-????
    Pic #2-????
    Pic #3-Konig Crank
    Pic #4-Konig Block, early 70's vintage
    Pic #5-Same
    Pic #6-7-8-9-???? (Buy dying to know!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingbear1961 View Post
    This was taken at Lawrence Lake in 1988. Howard andBobby Sandvig riding deck were over the record on a couple of occasions, but there is no record for 4 and 3/4 miles. He finally got the record (at age 72) with the Konig on the back. It is the only 1100 Runabout record that Terry "The Duck" Klem doesn't own. The mile and 2/3 isn't run anymore.

R.J.M. Racing Photography
    Tigard OR
    Sorry, Just wanted to clarify the fact that this is Howard Anderson with Bobby Sandvig riding deck. Besides Bobby, Howard's had a few good deck riders over the years! Howard Shaw, J. Michael Kelly, Jamie Nilsen, Nick Nolthe, Sheryl Rucker and for those that remember, Ralph Hildebrand.
    "Uncle Jeff" Ewing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The 2 Toy Boxes/ Collections

I appreciate all the guesses people have made about the motors in the 2 collections posted here.

So far, Jeff Lytle has come closest on guessing the names of the "toys" in the 1st collection. Jeff got 9 correct out of 10. David Weaver and Sam Cullis were close runner ups.

As to the 2nd collection, the motor that has people stumped is a Quinsky (not to be confused with Quincy). It was a creation by the late, great Stan Leavendusky aka Stan's Custom Pistons. A lot of people may not know it, but most Quincy Loopers used Leavendusky piston blanks as the building blocks for Quincy pistons. Stan was quite an innovator in the evolution of the Quincy Looper's success. His son, Butch, was also a top notch pro racer, especially in the runabout classes. Stan took it upon himself, with his son's help, to create and develop the Quinsky, based on the Konig internal specifications (porting wise and layout) with the conventional Looper Merc-Quincy exterior dimensions (stacked cylinders, not opposed) and crankshaft. The Quinsky was an experimental motor with a lot of good ideas.

To refresh everyone' memories, I'm reposting one of the pictures of the Quinsky here (the last 3 pictures in the 2nd toybox collection were of the Quinsky).

thanks,
    Paul Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be reproduced or reprinted on other web sites without written permission.)

Thread Information