Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goin' fer broke--Picture #7

I said a Johnson PR with aftermarket cylinders and heads......Perhaps it was the stand that threw me.

It's not a Johnson PR, it's an Evinrude hex head racer.

10/10?

Thanks for your stuff here Paul.....It's great!
    Last edited by Jeff Lytle; 01-22-2007 at 08:11 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy

I remember one day back in the early 70's when I was working landscaping for the state of Illinois, we were re-doing a rest area along I-80. As we were working the flower beds alongside the parking lot, a truck pulled in with an enclosed trailer. On the side of the trailer was a big Quincy Welding sign. I walked over to the truck and asked about the sign.

Boy was I surprised, here I thought was an innovative boat racer with the first enclosed trailer that I had ever seen. He opened the back end of the trailer and lo and behold was what would have to be considered a cross between a Go-Kart and a Sand buggy. This fellow had been out to the Salt Flats in Utah and was running a "C" Quincy on this thing trying to set a land speed record. He did not on this trip, but loved talking about his Quincy. More uses than just boat racing.

Ray

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another Toy Box Full of Treasures

The owner of this toy box wants his name kept private. However, as you can see, this is quite a collector's dream toy box.

Not just the quantity of engines and boats, but this lucky owner also has a huge lake out his back door to go play on. Today he had out a 30H with a factory sealed block that ran well over 70 mph in a test run.

So for those of you that are now shoveling snow, this last picture was taken at sunset today on that lake. Gives you something to look forward to -- spring!

Enjoy the pictures. I took quite a few so will be posting them in groups of 7 over the next few days.

Just for fun -- How many engines can you identify?

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    The owner of this toy box wants his name kept private. However, as you can see, this is quite a collector's dream toy box.

Not just the quantity of engines and boats, but this lucky owner also has a huge lake out his back door to go play on. Today he had out a 30H with a factory sealed block that ran well over 70 mph in a test run.

So for those of you that are now shoveling snow, this last picture was taken at sunset today on that lake. Gives you something to look forward to -- spring!

Enjoy the pictures. I took quite a few so will be posting them in groups of 7 over the next few days.

Just for fun -- How many engines can you identify?

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.
    Paul, I am sure quite a few of us already now him (very well) and having George Stillwell's hydro (32-E) sitting there (along with the Hot Rods) really gives it away.

PS: one of my old 20H "poppers" is up there on the top rack.............
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Another amazing collection of outboard motors.
    Joe Silvestri
    CSH/500MH

My avatar picture is complements of Fred Eckert. 1997 Hinton, WV Nationals Thundermug 20-H Runabout.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd Round of Photos of Toy Box Collection #2

Here is round 2 of the pictures from Toybox Collection #2. The owner of the collection wishes to remain private (Out of respect for the owner, please don't "spill the beans" if you know who it is).

We all dream of having a huge toy box full of engines and boats like this. Some lucky people get to live that dream.

A couple of the old motors in this group of pictures (picture #4 and #7) were a mystery to me. Jeff and Sam??

Enjoy the pictures.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Note: The pictures are for your personal enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.)

Post Thanks / Like

C'mon Paul........Give us old guys a bit of credit here !!

Pic #1 ......An old step hydro....Jacoby? Neal? Hard to tell. 1st generation Lifeline in the cockpit.
    Pic #2 The unmistakable lines of a Yale.
    Pic #3 A big and nasty lookin' Merc 6. Would like to see more pics of this engine before I take a guess. Sam will probably know right away.
    Pic #4 looks like an Evinrude 22HP Fleetwin, bout' 1935ish.
    Pic #5 Saw this boat on Ebay awhile back me thinks. Would also like to see a pic of the boat right above it!!
    Pic #6 Cyclone exhaust!!
    Pic #7 is a Johnson PO that was used in the military in WW II. Notice the green paint.

How many boats and engines are in this collection?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default More pictures from Toy Box #3

Jeff,

You score an A+ for knowledge on the last group of pictures! Here's some more pictures from that same collection for everyone's enjoyment. Feel free to name the motors. As to how many engines are in this collection? How about an amount beyond awesome for an answer. I can say I still have many more pictures to post later.

As I stated before, if you know who the owner of this collection is , please keep it quiet as that person wants to remain annonymous.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without written permission.)

Post Thanks / Like

Pic #1--Another view of the racks containing Merc A's, B's, C's, D's, 35SS's, Yamatos and Hot Rods.
    Pic #2--A bone stock Evinrude Speeditwin..........NICE!
    Pic #3--Judging the size of the exhaust port area, I'd say this is a Johnson SR. Looks like a nice set of Bayer stacks on an engine to the left.
    Pic #4--B Loopers--Note the one in the back has original 20H ignition. Beyond the Loopers is an original R series Yamato. To the left on the floor is another one as well.
    Pic #5--OMC three holer
    Pic #6--A better shot of the R series Yamato. The blocks on the B and the C were identical. The only way to tell from the outside was the pipes or the serial number. Could be an RB-5 or an RC-5. Beyond are two 4 port Konigs--same story with the displacement--Need to see pipes or serial #. Looks like they both might have aftermarket heads though.
    Pic #7--Johnson PR.....There is a Merc J engine, and a 4 cyl. Looper with the B's, Yamato, and Konigs beyond.

I never tire of this stuff!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lytle View Post
    Pic #1--Another view of the racks containing Merc A's, B's, C's, D's, 35SS's, Yamatos and Hot Rods.
    Pic #2--A bone stock Evinrude Speeditwin..........NICE!
    Pic #3--Judging the size of the exhaust port area, I'd say this is a Johnson SR. Looks like a nice set of Bayer stacks on an engine to the left.
    Pic #4--B Loopers--Note the one in the back has original 20H ignition. Beyond the Loopers is an original R series Yamato. To the left on the floor is another one as well.
    Pic #5--OMC three holer
    Pic #6--A better shot of the R series Yamato. The blocks on the B and the C were identical. The only way to tell from the outside was the pipes or the serial number. Could be an RB-5 or an RC-5. Beyond are two 4 port Konigs--same story with the displacement--Need to see pipes or serial #. Looks like they both might have aftermarket heads though.
    Pic #7--Johnson PR.....There is a Merc J engine, and a 4 cyl. Looper with the B's, Yamato, and Konigs beyond.

I never tire of this stuff!
    I heard this once so you drive!!!!
    RichardKCMo

Thread Information