Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Round 4 of Pictures from Toybox #2

This is round 4 of the series of pictures from the collection I'm calling Toybox #2. I'm sure some of you know who the owner is, but he prefers to have his name kept private, so please honor his wishes.

I can't think of anything more fun than spending an afternoon in a building full of engines. This is a very diverse collection, running from pure stock fishing motors to mods to Konigs, Yamatos and, of course, Loopers.

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted on other web sites without written permission.)
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Round 5 of Toybox Collection #2

This is round 5 of the series of pictures from the collection I'm calling Toybox #2. I'm sure some of you know who the owner is, but he prefers to have his name kept private, so please honor his wishes.

Most of the pictures in this group are of Mercs - some original, some mods -- all great motors. Many of you know that my father, O. F. Christner, was a Mercury outboard dealer from 1947 until 1982. I grew up around Mercs, I road in all kinds of boats powered by all kinds of Mercs, I worked on Mercs for many years. Even my wife is from a family of Merc owners -- she has a picture, of when she was 3 years old, sitting in the driver's seat of a boat with a Mercury motor that my father had just sold her father. Who would dream that 18 years later we would marry?

The next 4 weekends are going to be really exciting for us racing enthusiasts here in Florida -- Mt. Dora, Inverness, Lake Wales and Lakeland are coming up. Guess where I intend to spend my next 4 Saturdays?

Hey Bob D, look forward to seeing you at Mt. Dora!

Hope you enjoy the pictures.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted on other web sites without written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Collection of Miniature Motors

This collection of motors could be placed in a shoe box -- the engines are that small. Isn't it amazing that some machinists had the talent to recreate these famous engines in such small but accurate detail?

The first 2 motors (1st picture) are copies of 2 stroke Clark trollers. The next 3 (2nd picture) are custom motors -- all are 4 cylinders, 4 stroke. The last 2 pictures are of flatheads, quite similar to Fords.

All of these motors are working models - the engines actually run. They are usually put either in miniature inboard boats or in tether cars.

Can you imagine holding 3 of these working motors in the palm of your hand??

The owner of the collection wishes to remain private so please keep silent if you know who they belong to.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without written permission.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default mystery motor?

That mystery motor sure looks like 9 hp lockwood we had once.
    Those miniatures sure look like the real thing . Keep it coming Paul.
    RichardKCMo

Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or is the picture of the line of motrs, with one twin cylinder that has a single stack appear to be a 36 cubic inch OMC? The cylinder head is exactly like one of them.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thought so too!!

Skoontz ,i thought so also, several yrs. ago someone posted a pic of one with the racing lower and stack on it but i didn't save it. Darn.
    RichardKCMo

Post Thanks / Like

We had a twin carb 36 CID Evinrude with a race gearbax on it, just no stack. Dad tuned the exhaust and dumped it 4" above the lower unit connection. It would barely idle below 1800 RPM and he got it to turn around 11,000 RPM. I wish I could find that picture sitting next to his 4-60 on the rack.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Ready for Inverness Races

What's more fun than getting ready for your first race of the season? Especially when you're putting together bright and shiny, newly rebuilt engines. Throw in a brand new runabout, and it doesn't get any better than this.

The races at Inverness this weekend should be a great success. Even the weather is cooperating -- sunny, warm and beautiful!

The owner of these motors & boat wishes to remain private, so please do not disclose the name if you know who it is.

Thanks,

Paul A. Christner

(The pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web sites without permission.)

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sad

Duhh

Post Thanks / Like

Sad........how?

Thread Information