Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Quincy Looper Pictures and Collections

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default It make's me sad

I am out here dreaming of ever owning a racer(and lots whit me)
    It make's me sad to see one guy how has it al(to mutch)
    How many outboards dos one need?
    Bring them beck on the marked so we all can enjoy them
    But that's my own hubbule opinion....sorry for that

Post Thanks / Like

Understood, and I'm sure no ofence was taken.

Allen J. Lang

Red face

Simon-I have to agree to a point. I would like to have JUST one old racing engine for my collection, even one of my old stock Mercs or even the Quincys I used to have.

Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Allen J. Lang View Post
    Simon-I have to agree to a point. I would like to have JUST one old racing engine for my collection, even one of my old stock Mercs or even the Quincys I used to have.

Me too. Just my Quincy motors alone. The A, I have no idea what I did with it. The B, I sold to Bill Ela for $100.00; the exhaust elbows are in a photo on this site on Bill's old A. The C, I recycled with a batch of aluminum cans. If I knew then. . . . . .

Allen J. Lang

Angry If I Only Knew

Tim- You are right, if I only knew. To think of all the equipment I sold and at those prices even back then (60s-1970). Also all the racing magazines I used to have that have disappeared over all the moves over the years. I did manage to save a couple of your Hydroplane Quarterly which I still HAVE. Not much more.
    Have you gotten a Johnrude ready for the coming season? All the best.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default John Schubert - Quincy Welding dyno card

Hey John (Schubert),

I was looking through the Quincy Welding dyno cards the other night and came across this one from May 27th, 1969. It's for a Quincy B that you owned at the time, FB-201.

I think you won many races with this engine, including the Nationals. Enjoy!

I also want to commend you for your fabulous organizational skills and hard work putting together the DePue inaugural reunion. You're the greatest!

thanks,

Paul A Christner

PS: And to think that I almost let some carpetbagger out west take advantage of my health issues and con me out of these precious Quincy Welding dyno cards. I believe there truly is divine intervention. God bless.

(Please note: this picture is for your enjoyment and is not to be copied or posted to any other web sites without my written permission.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Antique Boat Show at Cypress Gardens

I was cleaning out some old disks and found pictures I took at an antique boat wet meet at Cypress Gardens in November of 2001. The craftsmanship of those wood boats is something that probably couldn't be duplicated today, at least not at a price most of us could afford.

I thought some of you out there at BRF might enjoy seeing these fine examples of boats of the past.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cypress Gardens Boat Show pictures - part 2

As I said in the previous post, I was cleaning out some old disks and found pictures I took at an antique boat wet meet at Cypress Gardens in November of 2001.

This was the last antique boat show that my father, O. F. Christner attended. Quincy Welding, besides building outboard race engines, sold pleasure boats and Mercury outboard motors for many years.

The other older gentleman in one of the pictures was Jimmy, my "second" dad. He spent most of his life around shrimp and fishing boats in Florida. I adopted him 15 years ago and was very thankful he was around when I lost my real dad. Now Jimmy's gone too. I miss both of them terribly, but treasure the priceless memories I have of both of them.

I thought some of you out there at BRF might enjoy seeing these fine examples of boats of the past.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: these pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to other web sites without my written permission.)

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default great pictures paul

paul,

those pictures brought back a lot of fond memories. my dad had a century inboard back in the mid/late 50's. we would ride it to the cottage races in the 50's on the magothy river just off the cheasapeake bay in maryland. they had an inboard class but most were outboard classes. dad sold the boat in the early 60's. that's where i got my first taste of hydros and vowed in 1957( i was 6 years old) to one day race. well it took until 1971 but i did it. thanks for the trip down memory lane.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6 Loop

I have just recently purchased Howard "Andy" Anderson's 1976 KR DeSilva as seen in photos on this thread. Now what I need is a 6 Looper powerhead or even just a block, to hang on the back. With my Dads Quincy collection (3 A's, 4 B's, and two 40" D's) we can put a six together on one of his 75H towers and unit. How cool would that be?

BTW; Dad has had Andy's 14' Flat Deck DeSiva for over 20 years...

Can anyone help?
    J-Dub

Thread Information