Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 07 Darneille DSH.....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry Darneille!

Right On! Oh Yea I had never seen the process of building one of these critters untill I visited Larry at his Boat shop. man was I impressed at the detail and Labor Involved! your right, the man is a true Craftsman and stand up Guy. What region will you be racing this season? I would like to look at the Schedules. Thanks Tphoto

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tphoto View Post
    Right On! Oh Yea I had never seen the process of building one of these critters untill I visited Larry at his Boat shop. man was I impressed at the detail and Labor Involved! your right, the man is a true Craftsman and stand up Guy. What region will you be racing this season? I would like to look at the Schedules. Thanks Tphoto
    yep, Larry builds one hell of a boat and well thought out. He takes his time building them and emphasizes safety when building them. He builds his boats to last a long time (not a throw away boat built in a week). I had him take his time on this one, as I was in the process of relocating back to Washington State from San Diego. I will be racing this boat and 2 more I own he build up here in Reg10. I will be at Oroville, Ca this summer, along with Newberg, Oregon with my Darneille's. Shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures of the boat now and my other Darneille's.

PS: Larry is one of the nicest guys I have ever met!

PSS: here is my 04 Darneille Cmod hydro (I just got it back from the guy I sold it to last year). I guess I learned to never sell my Darneille's! It is the little brother to my new DSH.

PSSS: Larry also builds some super fast FE hydros also!

mercguy@verizon.net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Pics!

Will Do. I plan on getting a little futher north this year Chasing the Races and maybe Ill meet you through my camera lens! Tphoto www.richardturkphotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tphoto View Post
    Will Do. I plan on getting a little futher north this year Chasing the Races and maybe Ill meet you through my camera lens! Tphoto www.richardturkphotography.com

that would be great, hopefully I will not be in the back of the pack on the race course............
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Allen J. Lang

Talking Photos

Rich- Great gallery of photos. When you get to the races this year, please post again.
    Ye Olde Desert Geezer Al Lang

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat Racing Photos!

Thankyou! I have found a new passion in Boat Racing, for now my photography is how I can participate in the sport. I have taken being a fan to a different level I guess. I plan to cover some additional Races this season in region 11 if all goes well! Looking forward to seeing Mercguys new Boat. Tphoto

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Holy Crap...

Man sometimes I just find an old thread just for something to read but this one was really cool. I in all my years of bein around and a part of boat racing I have never seen something as CRAZYand cool as white water hydro racin. . Holy Sh-t. www.richardturkphotography.com WAY COOL...
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Right on Rude!

Oh yea, Very Cool Racing! Boat Builder Larry Darneille builds solid white water river racers as well as others like what Mercguy just bought! Outboard Racer Brian McKnight's B-59 is another one of Darneille's beauties. After hours of research over the past couple years (and fun) I have found some really interesting info about River Racing. From Start to finish as a sport there are countless details and personal commitment involved in one of these races and ILL tell ya! my hats off to anybody who races these APBA/UIM Sanctioned events in the Rivers of the west. Just a little over a month before the first boat race and I allready got my gear ready! OH YEA! Tphoto

Thread Information