Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outboard Patches

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Me Too

I think Ron got his the year before I got mine. That is the one that goes on the back of a very nice racing windbreaker---about 8 inch diameter.

This one is the one that goes on the left pocket of a navy blue blazer. Great for awards banquets and conventions. They also gave us some stickers. All high quality awards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

I am now in Houston, trying to convince my Mom & Dad to move from Pensacola, Fl. closer so they can take care of my kids (don't tell them that though!). Here is a recent pic with me and my Dad (Wil Pergande) at the Texas Motor Speedway this past fall.....Greg Bifle was honored to have a picture with us...hahaha! Saw Steve Desouza breifly there as well.

We are into go-kart racing, will post some pics in another section....Also, I have some old photos of him in his stock outboard days I will post as well. My Dad did retire 1/1/06, but has been consulting ever since.

Thanks,
    David

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a pic of your Dad at Kaukauna 1976 just as he was heading out on a run that would bring him a new D Mod Hydro record.

He probably doesn't remember me, but my Dad & I always had a great time visiting with him at the annual conventions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wil Pergande--

Quote Originally Posted by David Pergande View Post
    Ron,

I am now in Houston, trying to convince my Mom & Dad to move from Pensacola, Fl. closer so they can take care of my kids (don't tell them that though!). Here is a recent pic with me and my Dad (Wil Pergande) at the Texas Motor Speedway this past fall.....Greg Bifle was honored to have a picture with us...hahaha! Saw Steve Desouza breifly there as well.

We are into go-kart racing, will post some pics in another section....Also, I have some old photos of him in his stock outboard days I will post as well. My Dad did retire 1/1/06, but has been consulting ever since.

Thanks,
    David
    Hi David --
    I used to race with your dad when I started racing in1967. He ran the stock classes plus the "Classic" , a run what ya brung class. He always ran REAL well. At the time he moved out of the midwest he was runing a E mod for a guy named Don Fletch. He mentioned me as a driver and I ran Don's boat for a couple of years. I've always appreciated that recommendation. Glad to hear dad's retired and looks like he's enjoying life.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quincy Patch

I had two of these patches. One is gone. Gone to wherever the Quincy lifejacket it was attached to went. This one is still new. It has never been attached to anything.
    Last edited by Tim Chance; 01-02-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: smaller photo

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Merc Quincy Looper Patch

Tim,

That is the nicest original Merc Quincy patch I've seen since they were brand new in the 60's. How did you ever preserve it so well?

For those of you out there that don't have a nice original like Tim's, Artie Neadeck of Quincy had copies made of the original for the 2003 memorial meet at Quincy honoring my father. I think, and Artie would have to verify this, that the recreated patches were made by the same company that made the originals in the 1960s, and they were made on the same machine as used back then. Wow!

Try contacting Artie at nneadeck@adams.net. It is my understanding that he may also have some of the recreated 1960's Quincy Flathead t-shirts that were also done in Quincy.

thanks,
    Paul Christner

Tomtall

Default Omc

A couple from the early 1990's. In a choice of blue or red.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The Evinrude Strangler patches are very nice and I would say rarer than the
    motor ,I did find a Johnson Stinger patch that is the larger one,on ebay a couple years ago,I haven't seen one since.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Or a Super Strangler

I only have one.......

Post Thanks / Like

i have the stinger patch with the scorpin on it is this anything special? i have some others i`ll look at them when i get home think i have a gt115 patch too i got a box of patches i`ll try and post some

Thread Information