You know Fred, I was wondering exactly the same thing when I looked at my old test sheets. There were a couple of entries that seemed crazy. It's been too long for me to remember exactly, but I think it is all a matter of reference points. I think we were measuring from a point of the disc just starting to close rather than at the physical point of closing.

The way our CAV and the later RAV was set up was at lower rpm's it would be close to the static closing as we measured. When it was at speed, the timing would change. At least it would on the RAV. The changes on the CAV were only temporary on the occasions that it wouldn't stick. On the CAV the timing would change temporarily as you accelerate, but when the rpm's stablized on the straights I think the timing moved closer to the original timing. At least that's my opinion. We called it advancing because of the way some similar devices worked, but I get confused on which way it went. I need to free up my old RAV and check it out.

Fred when you say you "foul out" after posting, do you mean you get a notice that you are not logged on? If that's whats happening you can do something with the remember me box, or what I do is scroll down and log back in then the post goes where it is supposed to.