Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 hp

Post Thanks / Like

Default omc 2 hole

omc 2 hole, major horsepower, minor motors, carbs and exhaust is the cheapest way. you might set your time up, it seems like you have the compression numbers about right. those motors can run comfortably up to about 205# without worry, some race motas are above 225, i wouldnt try that right now. you can finger port one and get a little bit more out of it. just a little food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, yeah at 41.5ci to 50 hp, not a bad motor at all, as a stock moda its biggest drawback is the huge lower and nearly 3 to 1 gearing. Im thinkin of getting a Bass midsection w/ pump and fitting it up, thats why I want to know if a 72 50 has the same footprint as a race type 3 holer. That way in case I want to up size or sell/trade itll have more value.

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

drive shaft die' is smaller on the 2 cyl, 3 cyl Nitro guts fit.

got a 4bbl with secondarys for it.

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Are you guys on the same PAGE ?

I think Johnson m50 is asking if the 2 cyl & the 3 cyl has the same base on the bottom of the powerhead ? Do they have the same bolt pattern ? The Nitro lower unit (case) is same for 2 & 3 cylinders. the gears (different ratio) are different as is the DRIVE shaft &water pump. hope this helps, or please excuse the interuption .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Hodges View Post
    I think Johnson m50 is asking if the 2 cyl & the 3 cyl has the same base on the bottom of the powerhead ? Do they have the same bolt pattern ? The Nitro lower unit (case) is same for 2 & 3 cylinders. the gears (different ratio) are different as is the DRIVE shaft &water pump. hope this helps, or please excuse the interuption .
    DING! DING! DING! Thanks Roy. I want to put a 50 on a bass lower unit, This I think can be purchased machined for a 3 hole OMC, I already have a 50 so if theyre the same Itll have more future potential as an E,F lower than it would if theres a difference. Really only the base footprint matters, you can get driveshafts squared easily.

Post Thanks / Like

The OMC 3 cyl and the OMC 2cyl you are talking about are NOT the same bolt patern...It would be very EZ to make an adapter plate though.
    Jeff 93-C

Post Thanks / Like

Default good thinkin

An adapter for one to fit a different mid and lower on it and some motor mods like carbs, exhaust, ports, would make it scream, you got the right thinkin just gotta get it done now, nice base to start out with though, it'll run good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks i.w.j. Ive got a Bass lower under a 32ci OMC, not really enough moda for the unit. The 50 Im thinkin now [like Jeff said] might be able to be adapt plated to the one Ive got. Id run the motor stock at 1st, Im sure itll be good... for now.

Thread Information