Thread: Jim Harris: MOD VP Racer

Default Jim Harris: MOD VP Racer

Jim Harris raced MOD VP for several years. He was probably the first one to ever win a MOD VP race with a Yamaha V-6. I know he won the Walker 100 running my MOD VP and Yamaha. He also won the Parker Enduro in MOD VP, with a Wayne Worthy Hydro Tech High Performance Yamaha Racing Engine, early 1990's or late '80's...Jim drove with Mike Basso, Jr....(It was their boat)...Mike Basso Sr. and Jr. own Sun Country Marine today...

We always called him "HARRIS", he likes to be called Jimmy, today...

The black MOD VP, was Ted Bravo's from New York....A Hydrostream...

That's "HARRIS" filling the Hill Marine balloon...Everybody would get a helium "BUZZ" when we let the helium out of this sucker...That balloon was FUN....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-18-2012 at 02:48 PM.

We called him "Jaime" , I don't know why?? I think I got that from the Wentz or Foster? That was a lot of fun!! I would love to come back and put another good Yamaha out there!! Tell Jim to call me some time and all the family said hello.

Default Jim Harris 2008....

Jim has moved near us, and we keep him busy. He has a steady job working for Chad...Every Christmas Eve, Jimmy is Chad's Bartender....
    Here is Jim, December 24, 2008. Chad and Corey's Christmas Party only had about 45 people this year!

In this economy it is nice to have a steady job!

San Diego - having wayyyy too much fun.

Orange, CA + Lake Havasu [my home away from home]

Default Jaime!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    Jim Harris raced MOD VP for several years. He was probably the first one to ever win a MOD VP race with a Yamaha V-6. I know he won the Walker 100 running my MOD VP and Yamaha. He also won the Parker Enduro in MOD VP, with a Wayne Worthy Hydro Tech High Performance Yamaha Racing Engine, early 1990's or late '80's...Jim drove with Mike Basso, Jr....(It was their boat)...Mike Basso Sr. and Jr. own Sun Country Marine today...

We always called him "HARRIS", he likes to be called Jimmy, today...

The black MOD VP, was Ted Bravo's from New York....A Hydrostream...

That's Barb Hill and "HARRIS" filling the Hill Marine balloon...Everybody would get a helium "BUZZ" when we let the helium out of this sucker...That balloon was FUN....
    WOW!! These pictures are blast from the past.....haven't seen Jimmy [or Jaime] in long time, think the last time I saw him was just shortly after his mom passed away, she was such a neat lady. We lived on the same street in Santa Ana as Jimmy and his parents and always remember her driving by and honking and waving! Jimmy stoped by my mom's in Havasu I think last year or the year before....she didn't recognize him at all!

Have alot of great memories with him.......remember one time at the Havasu Classic with Scott Gillman and Tim Seebold we were all sitting around on one of the house boats and my husband happen to look over at Scott Gillman and said "has anyone ever told you, you look like Bart Simpson?" see Scott had just gotten a haircut and he actually did look like Bart Simpson, well Tim Seebold was laughing so hard at that, the next day when me got to the races and walked by Scott's boat, Tim at some point had found a Bart Simpson doll and placed on Scott's boat!!
    You can take the girl out of boat racing, but you can't take boat racing out of the girl!!

Thread Information