Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAD NEWS-Bill Seebold Sr.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnny Dortch called this morning with the following information regarding Bill's funeral.
    Visitation:
    Tuesday 4:00 t0 8:00
    Irwin Funeral Chapel
    3960 Maryville Road
    Granite City, IL
    Funeral:
    Wednesday Time uncertain
    Will update as more information is available

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill Seebold, Sr.

Was very sorry to hear Bill Seebold Sr, aka Grandpa, had passed away this week. The sport has lost another one of its great legends. I always enjoyed my visits with Grandpa at the St. Louis race. He would always come by my trailer to look at the old motors and boats. He would talk about the old timers of the sport.

I would like to offer my condolences to Bill, Jr and the whole Seebold family.

I dug through my photo album and found a couple pictures of Grandpa. The first one was probably taken in the late 1950's. I'm not sure where, possibly Springfield, IL or St. Louis at an awards banquet. As usual, he had the top awards.

The other photo was taken at the St. Louis race three years ago. Left to right: Barry Woods, Bill Seebold Sr, Art Neadeck.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pictures of people eating are generally not flattering. This one is one of that kind! But I think my Dad and Bill would get a kick out of it. I posted it because it they would both think of their friendship, their many phone conversations, meals they shared and especially in the pits. Mostly you are not hungry waiting for the first heat to begin, but after the day wears on you dig out the bread, mayo, ham & cheese and get a quick snack between heats while you can. The night will bring on the fulfilling meals and the great and memorable times at restaurants they tried along the way.

May God Bless and Rest in Peace Bill.
    Last edited by Master Oil Racing Team; 02-02-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: clarifying

Merc Racing Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bill (Grandpa) Seebold, SR.

Gene was mistaken on funeral arrangements - They are as follows - The Viewing will be on Feb. 6TH from 4:00 to 8:00 PM - The Funeral Services will be Feb. 7TH at 11:30 AM at Irwin Chapel on Glen Rd in Glen Carbon, IL Tom

Post Thanks / Like

May God Bless Him.

He was always a gentleman...very generous and had the patience of a saint as a he fielded question after question (most of them repetitive) on props and speed tricks.

One need look no further than his family of champions to realise the measure of the man.

Somewhere, the saints are learning a thing or three about how to go fast on the water.

T2x
    OBSOLETE AND PROUD OF IT

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bye Grampa

I never met a finer gentleman. He was "Grampa" to all of us older racers. We will always remember him but miss him terribly.

Jack Withrow
    Jack Withrow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Bill Seebold: Always Mr. Nice

I posted this picture under DeSilva Boats...But thought some would like it here...Big Bill is to the right, top. (1947)

Thread Information