Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The Seebold Family

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Seebold Family

I was looking for a thread...although I couldn't remember having seen one...of the Seebold Family. I wanted to post some stuff on Bill Sr. and did a search function but nothing popped up specifically regarding them. There are many posts about the Seebolds scattered all throughout BRF, but since there was no central location to go to their extensive family history, I decided to start this thread.

I don't remember the exact time we became acquainted with the Seebold's, but it was very early on in our racing career. My Dad and Bill hit it off instantly. I don't call Bill Sr. Grandpa Seebold. I always called him Bill and Billy was Billy. But that was a long time ago. So in my posts regarding the family, that's the way it will be.

The invitation is self explanatory. I thought about how to begin this with a pic, but the Seebolds reached so far and wide, that no one pic could cover it. So.....I decided to post this invitation. Billy is, in my opinion, the world's greatest boat racer. There is enough out there to back up my opinion. I don't say this to start any arguments or challenges. It's just that you know where I'm coming from when I started this thread and how much I think about what the Seebolds have done for the sport of boat racing.

See Link: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...randpa+seebold
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-03-2007 at 11:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Photo of Billy Seebold 1974. Photo by my brother Greg Nelson.
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I was looking for a thread...although I couldn't remember having seen one...of the Seebold Family. I wanted to post some stuff on Bill Sr. and did a search function but nothing popped up specifically regarding them. There are many posts about the Seebolds scattered all throughout BRF, but since there was no central location to go to their extensive family history, I decided to start this thread.

I don't remember the exact time we became acquainted with the Seebold's, but it was very early on in our racing career. My Dad and Bill hit it off instantly. I don't call Bill Sr. Grandpa Seebold. I always called him Bill and Billy was Billy. But that was a long time ago. So in my posts regarding the family, that's the way it will be.

The invitation is self explanatory. I thought about how to begin this with a pic, but the Seebolds reached so far and wide, that no one pic could cover it. So.....I decided to post this invitation. Billy is, in my opinion, the world's greatest boat racer. There is enough out there to back up my opinion. I don't say this to start any arguments or challenges. It's just that you know where I'm coming from when I started this thread and how much I think about what the Seebolds have done for the sport of boat racing.

See Link: http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...randpa+seebold
    Billy should have been a blonde-----If it wasn't for Lynne he couldn't have found his way to the boatshop------- who pours his milk on his cheerios every morning? who wipes his glasses clean so he can see his way home? who spits on her hankie and wipes his mushy old chops? who listens to all his lies about his prowess on the golf course, behind every great driver there's a great lady, but she cheats at scrabble. Luv 'em both to bits though

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right you are Jackie. And maybe some of that carried over from Billy and Lynne's experience with his Dad and her father in law, Grampa Seebold, and the woman behind him---Pauline.

Thread Information