Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Old F1 pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Default bad accident f1 video

i post a new video on dailymotion (raceboat group)but warning !!!!because it's a crash (2 driver lost life in this video!!!) and sorry for the music, because i dont now what music added(??) whit this horrible crash !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackus173 View Post
    i post a new video on dailymotion (raceboat group)but warning !!!!because it's a crash (2 driver lost life in this video!!!) and sorry for the music, because i dont now what music added(??) whit this horrible crash !!!!
    I'm not sure who was driving the blue boat that rolled onto the beach but I remember Ken's blowover in the Bahamas very well. Very sad day for the Thibodaux family and all of the racing community.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, very very sad - both of them.

During the clip of the blue boat running, there is a flash of an image of Peter Inward, so I'm pretty sure that's who is driving the blue boat.

On GOOGLE, I found this:

During a F.2 powerboat Grand Prix, a round of a UK National series, held at Fairford, Gloucester, UK, on Sunday, 03 July 1983, Peter Inward had his fatal accident while driving his Hodges boat. The Fairford boat course had a tight corner at the end of a long straight, passing through a narrow channel around an island, with a high mud bank where the spectators sit on top, on the right side. As Inward rounded the corner his Hodges boat tripped over another boat's wake and rolled landing on the muddy bank, going up into the spectators area. The unfortunate boat driver was killed upon impact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Tim Seebold do this same thing in St Louis. But he had one thing Peter didn't - a safety capsule, and he came out of it unscratched.

Thank God we have safety capsules today and don't have to endure these tragic events much anymore. Thank you, Chris Hodges.

BK~
    Likes Lake X Kid liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miss BK View Post
    Yes, very very sad - both of them.

During the clip of the blue boat running, there is a flash of an image of Peter Inward, so I'm pretty sure that's who is driving the blue boat.

On GOOGLE, I found this:

During a F.2 powerboat Grand Prix, a round of a UK National series, held at Fairford, Gloucester, UK, on Sunday, 03 July 1983, Peter Inward had his fatal accident while driving his Hodges boat. The Fairford boat course had a tight corner at the end of a long straight, passing through a narrow channel around an island, with a high mud bank where the spectators sit on top, on the right side. As Inward rounded the corner his Hodges boat tripped over another boat's wake and rolled landing on the muddy bank, going up into the spectators area. The unfortunate boat driver was killed upon impact.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Tim Seebold do this same thing in St Louis. But he had one thing Peter didn't - a safety capsule, and he came out of it unscratched.

Thank God we have safety capsules today and don't have to endure these tragic events much anymore. Thank you, Chris Hodges.

BK~
    Having watched the video, I was about to say the same that it was the accident that sadly killed Peter Inward at Fairford in the UK. I know the circuit first hand and sadly it has a history of bad accidents - my best friend's kid brother was killed in an OSY accident there back in the 90s

Sad days indeed

Post Thanks / Like

At the begining of the video, the green Laing Homes boat about to blow over was my dad at Bristol almost winning the race. The boat blew over near the end and almost killed him. Bristol was a very dangerous place to race. This is dad in the boat I'm talkin about. It belonged to Steve Kurton.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Default i m verry sorry!!!

i cut the image of peter ,because with interwiew of peter the video it's verry long,and my net connection it's verry low(and for post video on dailymotion,if the time for post its too long,the link for post its broken! !!) so i want say sorry for you and your friend tim!!!
    sorry...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackus173 View Post
    i cut the image of peter ,because with interwiew of peter the video it's verry long,and my net connection it's verry low(and for post video on dailymotion,if the time for post its too long,the link for post its broken! !!) so i want say sorry for you and your friend tim!!!
    sorry...
    He was all of our friend. Ken was an awesome driver and person. It's a good thing sometimes to remember old friends.

Post Thanks / Like

Default John Laing homes???

Is this the same Laing?

New Home Community of Three Neighborhoods and Cabana Club
    John Laing Homes is happy to introduce St. Cloud – A New Home Community of three neighborhoods and Cabana Club in the charming beach town of Oceanside. St. Cloud will open its Information Center on March 17, 2007 to members of its Interest Registry. Join The Registry Today, and be among the first to meet with Home Counselors, schedule private site tours, review floorplans as well as other important information to help better understand St. Cloud.

St. Cloud – A Community of Endless Possibilities
    At St. Cloud in Oceanside, the beach is not only easily accessible, it is a daily inspiration for everyone who lives here. Named after one of Oceanside’s elegantly relaxed, original hotels, St. Cloud offers smartly designed townhomes in three distinct neighborhoods, plus your very own Cabana Club – with gym, community room and pool. And with employment parks located just a short distance from the residences at St. Cloud, a short drive to or from work gets you back to the things most important in your life. In a sense, the entire community feels like a beach club reserved just for you and the others who live at St. Cloud. When you discover it, you’ll rediscover that special place that has long been inside of you.

We hope to see you and your family and friends at the Information Center Opening. If you have any questions we can answer before that time, please don’t hesitate to give us a call at 760-757-7071

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICES / PRIVACY POLICY.

John Laing Homes :: 1917 Palomar Oaks Way, Suite 200 :: Carlsbad CA 92008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You have received this advertising message as part of your SignOnSanDiego.com newsletter membership. Member Promotions communicates special offers, coupons, promotions and information from our advertisers. If you do not wish to receive further messages from SignOnSanDiego.com, on behalf of John Laing Homes, please click here. If you do not wish to receive any Member Promotions messages please unsubscribe from Member Promotions by clicking here. Or email Newsletters@SignOnSanDiego.com.
    SignOnSanDiego.com, 350 Camino De La Reina, San Diego, CA, 92108

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'd Call the V-8's OZ

Because Formula One is still racing, in Europe as Formula One, and V-8 are part of HISTORY, now...I'sd call the V-8's OZ just to not confuse the world...

I only watched the video once but wow!!! I will watch it again....
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 03-05-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Skoontz, I don't know. I'll ask dad and see. I do know that dad ran that sponsor at several races but they were all across the pond.

Thread Information