Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: need some engine help

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default need some engine help

I am wanting to put a 25 hp omc engine together for a fralic 10.5 ft. hydro....

Where do I start. Funds are limited to about 2500.00. What I am looking fr is where do I start, what engine year do I start with, info on exhaust mods, intake mods, carb mods, what type of lower unit modifications are required, I want to go fast, and I may want to race it...... I wanna keep it simple, I want reliability, but I will sacrifice it all for SPEED. Are there any books out there that discuss the engine set up?

Also, where do I find info on the different race classes... What region is TEXAS in? help me out if you can....

Thanks,
    Onemorejustin

Post Thanks / Like

My personal favorite 25 was the 1972 through 1978 years. With your budget, you will need to start with a Merc gearfoot, and, you will max out your budget. For a similar amount of money, you can find a Yamato C race motor all ready to drop on, pull the rope and go just as fast with no headaches dialing in your toy..

If I'm not mistaken, Ron Hill had a 102??? for sale, and it was under what you had for a budget....So, ya may want to start there before you start playing with a good fishing engine.

Tomtall

Default 25 Oh No!

This one was sold on e-bay this winter.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at the thread, Merc race motor on Ebay for sale, then go to Ebay, the guy who has the Merc listed his telephone number. He says he has an OMC race motor just like the one Tom posted that he will be lisiting.

Call the dude up and see what he has.

Thread Information