Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Need the facts (From the OMC xperts)

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Two water tubes.

Roughly how many gallons/minute flow through an outboard of this size, at WOT? I have 2 tubes coming off of my impeller. Most just have 1.
    One tube is a water return down from the thermostat to help the engine warm up quicker.
    Last edited by Mark75H; 04-30-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mac19f View Post
    One tube is a water return down from the thermostat to help the engine warm up quicker.
    Yeah, I knew that. The reason I specified that, was because I am wondering if, by using a LWP in the cone, I will affect the way my cooling system operates. I doubt it though.

Apparently, having a LWP changes the water pressure somewhat, and since my unit has a vernatherm and the recirculating operates by pressure....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steering

Ok, I got my steering done. Tomtall, thanks for pointing out that T&R dual steering kit on Ebay. $17 was a huge bargain too.

All I had to do was grind 1/8" or so out of the sides of the bottom clamp (Only on the side marked "M") and then the clamp slid perfectly into the slot. Then it was just a matter of lining everything up. I had the motor hanging from a come-along, cant imagine it could even be done with the motor attached to the boat.

The kit was a T&R OSM3601 and it seems like a really nice, well made unit.

Tomtall

Default Great

Charles - Glad it worked out for you. Now do us a favor when your done with this project and post some pictures for us. Thanks for all the replys guys on the steering system delema. I have been in the biz for 35 years and still learned stuff that I was not aware of. Isn't BRF cool !!!!!

Thread Information