Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 rules

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Danny and Kenny, you did a nice job at Bakersfield this last week-end! Ross has not ok'd the rules just yet, so I won't put my foot in my mouth as yet. It does sound a little bit like you are trying to beat the system though, maybe I had better take a second look. You always make things just a little tougher for me, but thats ok! Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Rod thanks for the comment about the nice job at Bakersfield we do try hard but it is awfully hard to beat Steve in that Clean Logic boat!
    Now Rod you have known us for a very long time and you know we would NEVER NEVER try to beat the system (just work within the rules!) You know for a fact how hard it would be to add a third pad on the bottom of Kennys boat we would NEVER even consider it! Besides the Doidge Boat Works is full with work beginning on our third cracker! But you know me I saw this and could not resist messing with you a little bit!!!!!
    Danny

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 inch rule

Thanks for posting the pictures of my boat Ron I thought you might be interested to know that we have introduced a 2 inch rule this season for the Sports Mono class, which is a support category in the Australian Formula One Superboat Series. As we run standard production 225 hp engines,in Sports Mono, the rule will remove the advantage of low water pickups which are standard on some brands of engines (Nose cones are allowable, but you can't add low water pickups if they aren't standard). It will reduce top speed a couple of miles per hour, which can't be a bad thing when you are doing over 90 mph in an open cockpit mono. I expect there might be a few less spins in the corners too, with the motors deeper in the water. The aim of the new rule you might ask? Closer and safer racing which adds up to more excitement for both the competitor and the spectator.
    BRF keeps me in touch with whats happening on you side of the pond
    Regards
    Greg
    ps. looking forward to trying that new prop

Post Thanks / Like

We have tried to run this race with as few rules as possible. We have hoped that the competitors would work within the "spirit of the rules" and not look for every loop hole in the world to get around these rules. I remember back in the 60's when I was running in the "36" class. We very seldom saw an inspector while racing in Key West Florida. I spent a long time building a "36" that was really a 40 but well hidden in it's racing form. After completing the project I thought about it and said "self, why am I doing this? I can beat them fair and square and I don't need to cheat to do it!' and I did by building a legal engine, winning nearly every race we ran in Key West, winning the yearly Club high points award. I still have the "cheater" power head and it has never been run and I have never knowingly cheated in over 50 years of racing. I don't look for loop holes and I certainly hope we don't have a bunch of "loop hole" seekers at the Parker Enduro. Everyone knows what a stock 150 or 175 engine is and everyone knows that they can build a "cheater" engine if they want to. We will do everything possible to "school" our inspectors so that they know what to look for. We may ask some Division V or VI competitors to inspect the Division I boats and vice-versa. If any "competitor" runs away in this race ( and I am looking squarely at the outboards, eg. DIV I) they can be assured there will be a "tear down") Anyway, this answer may sound a little vague, but I really want the winning boat to be the immediate winner and able to take the crew for a victory lap without tear-downs, protests and weigh-ins after the race. Avoid the embarrassment of being outside the "spirit of the rules". If you have a question, call me. Incidentally, Div. I is based on a speed of 70 mph, any speed that is considerably faster will be subject to immediate inspection after the race. Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default 300

Lake Trash and myself were out at Havasu this past weekend at Al Zink`s place and I have to tell you that I am now fired up about the 300. I wanna run my 380 Laser in the non-nosecone class. Is there an engine hight rule as of yet?
    The river looked good!

DB

Post Thanks / Like

Default 300

Looks like div. III with stock LU for me. Is that the class that the winning boat (Crazy Horse-Baker RST) ran in last year? No speed limit for this class right?

Laser rules
    DB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Division II Last Year...

Division II Outboards are Division II this year. As I read the rules, there aren't any speed limit... Speed Limit is 80, when we race Nostalgia....which we hope to do all year...

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen, Please donot attempt to interpret and post your "spin" on the rules. If you have a question that needs interpretation, I will do the interpreting. Ron, you and I have discussed the interpretation on the rules governing a "stock" round nose foot. What is it that you donot understand about STOCK. I have allowed the intake holes to be plugged or enlarged at the water inlet only. No material may be added. If the above is too difficult to understand, we can stick with the strictly stock lower unit. There is no height limit on the prop shaft of a round nose unit. Rod

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

OK, are the rules absolutely final now? I'd like to start getting ready ASAP.

rossdbos

Exclamation Go forward young man!

The rules are as finalized as posted. If something comes up that we didn't account for and is not covered in the rules, we reserve the right to modify the rules for parity.
    Thanks,
    Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

Thread Information