Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ouch, that is going to leave a scar!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ouch, that is going to leave a scar!!

I received the following e-mail last night regarding my 250 VRP. At the last race of the season at Raleigh, something "let go". We thought that the ignition plate had just come loose. Engine importer and chief mechanic Steve Litzell broke the news to me last night....

"howdy, took the motor apart tonight and found the ignition was not the reason for failure. A crank pin broke which sent material to the pistons, and then it broke both support bearings in the case because of the crank breakage alowing the crank to flop around thus taking out the ignition stuff. i figure that thing had to shake pretty hard before it quit. Any way i will repair and have ready for you soon."
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

The real scar will be left after Ellen notices the dent in the checkbook.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I received the following e-mail last night regarding my 250 VRP. At the last race of the season at Raleigh, something "let go". We thought that the ignition plate had just come loose. Engine importer and chief mechanic Steve Litzell broke the news to me last night....

"howdy, took the motor apart tonight and found the ignition was not the reason for failure. A crank pin broke which sent material to the pistons, and then it broke both support bearings in the case because of the crank breakage alowing the crank to flop around thus taking out the ignition stuff. i figure that thing had to shake pretty hard before it quit. Any way i will repair and have ready for you soon."
    Steve

Thread Information