Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Check Out Our 380 Ray Laser

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, Bill (s).....

I hope Mr. (Bill) Gohr is right as Pat will be out there with about ten other boats, running ten laps, trying not to go over 80....Just ask your self, self? How long have I been playing with boats???

John Lane is SUPPOSED to have his Sleek Craft....So, Pat and John will be the only two "WACKERS"...

Rhino Boys
    Post Thanks / Like

Ron,

Its great that the outboards are coming out, personally I go both ways, my race boat a inboard, my pleasure boat a outboard. Anyway, I must say my only real concern with the outboards is the rumor I have been hearing about how some may disregard the speed limit rules just to say they beat the inboards. Just a rumor I hope, although I did here those exact words come from an outboard drivers mouth. Just a reminder to all, inboard or outboard, the speed limit is 80mph!! If your GPS (must have) reads 80.9 or less you are legal, if it reads between 81.0 and 84.9 you are penalized 1 lap, if it reads over 85.0 or over, you will be disqualified and asked to sit on the beach for the remainder of the weekend, no refund. Break the 85.0 again at your next race, you will no longer be allowed in Nostalgia. We are a serious class, with guys running for points and championships, we do not need a driver on the course with us that has no regards for the rules. Not only can it make this sport even more dangerous, but it makes the racing look very bad for the spectators. OK, I will get off my soapbox now until lane choice time after drivers meeting, then I will repeat myself.

Brad Stellman.
    Rhino Boys Racing
    Nostalgia Flat #718

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Outboards That I Know Of...

I only know of four Outboards:

1. John Lane (Raced Thanksgiving at Parker)
    2. Pat Bowman
    3. Bill James (frymanbill, here on BRF)
    4. Sid Castle (Vishus, here in BRF...) (Phoenix)

I know all four really just want to be "PART OF THE SHOW"... They know the rules, will have their GPS....They plan to follow ALL the rules..

I'v just been stiring things up, a little, but all four seem happy as hell to have a place to race their boats...They will be GENTLEMEN drivers, all!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell Stelly, the fun's in beating you guys legally
    I don't intend to break out...can't win that way. I think everyone's on the same page, just go out and have fun safely, and within the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Old School Will Make Bakersfield March 3-4, 2007

Pat is working on getting "OLD SCHOOL" (That's the boat's name) ready...

Here is a picture and a few spare parts....(If it wasn't for the last minute, we'd never get ready)!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Default You're making me feel old cuz,

Thats the first boat you ever talked about as being "nostalgic" and I owned one. So if this is a nostalgia class and I could locate my old 380, could I run it the way it was run back in the day, just to make it "correct"? It just had some old crossflow on it, it couldn't go that fast............79.7, 79.8 or so

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sweet.

Dang those old RUDES are sweet.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Joys of the Internet!!!

Well, I got up at 7;30 and checked my e-mails....and had none!!!!

Well I now have a new new mail prop19@cox.net and ronhill@hillmarine.com

Seems, that by moving to Tustin, I must use COX.....so, when my SBC and AT&T account from Santa Ana was closed at mid night last night...I no longer had e-mail from SBC or AT&T...

2 1/2 hours later I have a new E-Mail account...I have a Pay Pay account and E-Bay.....

What I wanted to tel Bill and the World is this:

I'd like to think my mind works pretty fast and my mouth works faster, as I usually finish your sentences.... But it took ME THREE YEARS to UNDERSTAND what Nostaligia racing really is....and that is "BRACKET RACING".

There are less than 200 Professional Drag Racers anymore but there are more than a hundred thousand "BRACKET" racers....

Nostaglia Racers TRY to average 80 MPH. They don't need a RADICAL PROP, RADICAL SET UP....They have to learn to drive under 80...

I once ran the Parker 7 hour in MOD VP...My engine would turn 65-6700 anytime, but I knew the rings liked 6,250, so all day I fought with myself to run 6,250....or try to catch the leaders...I finished 3rd......

A controlled race...Looking back, that was the MOST FUN I EVER had racing...AS I raced MYSELF CONTROL and the Other boats...

I see Nostalgia BECOMING VERY BIG in Drags, and Circle...and My IDEA of PRO-AM Nostaglia.

Pro-Am Nostaglia would be this:

1. You can sign as a Pro or an Am...What makes a PRO is 90 MPH, what makes an Am is 80...

2. Same Boat, two drivers....Four Heats... Total your points

3. First Heat is Am.
    4. Second Heat is Pro
    5. Third Heat Am
    6. Fourth heat Pro

Might be a soring nightmare....might be able to race Pro-Am at every race....But it could be a way of getting new people into our sport...

Might Run Pro-Am at Family Drags, once APBA approves them!!! (110 MPH Speed Limit on family Drags with GPS)..

Nostaglia Racing is a GENTLEMAN's Sport!!!! (We plan on racing this year and next and the next...)...
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 02-28-2007 at 09:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Allison

Bill,

how did the ALLISON "behind" the LASER RUN? how did Allison do in MODVP? I know they run well in the drags, I don't remember reading about them like I did the STVs and Stokers...

thx.sid

Post Thanks / Like

Default October 1982 Powerboat

Anyone wonder why we call our Laser "Old School"???

I don't remember Billy Paulk, except for the name...But Joe Burgess was a GREAT driver....A major loss to Boat Racing when he lost his life in a tunnel boat, St. Louis, Missouri...

Thread Information