Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Check Out Our 380 Ray Laser

Post Thanks / Like

Ron, This is my 380 at the end of the Mississippi River 500 mile race. Maybe you can see the set back. Plenty of stern lift.

Name:  Picture 023.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  106.1 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool pic....

Did Bobby Kitchens run this event? Bobby owned several trucking companies....

You make me think my 380 Laser has hope...Maybe we should run it with two in the boat...(One to drive and one to yell, "Look out"... LOL!

Boat racing walys more fun with two in the boat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he did. Hung out with him and his crew for years. Even drove for him in one of

the 500 mile river races. He had a 20ft Baker Vee bottom with a 225 Evinrude looper. Gas tank split

about 150 miles into the race. Seems that has happened to me more than once with aluminum tanks.

Plastic tanks only for me.

I called to talk to him about two days before he died but he was to weak to talk so his family gave him

my message. He was a great guy. Always had a "can do" attitude. He even called me from prison

(tax crap) just to bull s--t. He told me waht he was going to do (boat racing wise) when he got out and he

did it.

DB

Post Thanks / Like

Default I Sold Bobby That Baker

Jerry Baker hadn't built a Vee Bottom since the early Bowden-Stoker days. Bobby would come to town, in the winter, with a MAJOR roll of cash, and we'd go buy new boats. one year he said he needed a Vee Bottom for this MISSISSIPPI RIVER Race. I told him I thought the Baker would be what he needed. So, he ordered one, we had a hard time finding the mold...Pretty sure it is long gone now. Sea-Way Marine Jake, has Stoker's old Baker Vee Bottom in Seattle.

Bobby's truck frequently hauled Second Efforts Boats to the V-8 Formula One races. That is how Bobby got the Second Effort V-6 looper.

I called Bobby a few days after he'd died. Didn't know he had been ill.

His "CAN DO" thinking plus his other thoughts and sayings makes him one of the CRAZIEST guys I ever knew...Loved that Bobby like a brother, I did!
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 11-18-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

One quick Bobby Kitchens story. Bobby K had a personal helper who was black and Bobby K called him blackberry. I never knew his real name. Blackberry happened to be very, very good at golf, A game Bobby K loved. Bobby K would bet other men that they couldn`t beat blackberry (his caddy) just like in the movie "tin cup" but long before it came out. Bobby K won a lot of money like that.

We need a Bobby Kitchens thread so as to stop jumping on this one.

DB

Post Thanks / Like

Default I May Have A Bobby Kitchen's Thread...Already..

Bill Boyes and I looked booby up on our way to Lousyana for the Winter Nationals a few years back... I wrote down several "Bobby Kitchen's" quotes...He probably had a million of them...

Bobby probably loved golf more than boat racing...

He bought this Eliminator from me one year, a race boat with no numbers...cash of course...About a year later some Ranger calls me want want to know if I was missing an Eliminator 19 Daytona as a guy named Bobby Kitchens had an Eliminator with my name on it, but the REGISTRATION said, "Ranger"...

I said I sold Bobby that boat and it was considered a TOTAL LOSS...He may have made it into a bass boat...but, trust me, it ain't stolen...and this was before he got that "FREE": Vacation in Florida...paid for by our taxes...

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby and i were sitting on a boat trailer at a race somewhere in Mississippi and a rather heafty lady walked by with pants on about three sizes to small and Bobby looked at me and said " You just cain`t pour five pounds of mud into a three pound bucket"!! Bobby Kitchens always had an eye for the ladies.

DB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hull weight

[QUOTE=Ron Hill;34214]There were some other pictures of Pat Bowman's Laser, from Parker.... But I wanted everyone to see the semi completed project.

How much this boat should weight..?
    no engine, or any rigging..

bringin to life a boat graveyard rescued laser, and need some info

any mod for the pad or tips welcome

Salud Amigos...!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truth Is...No One Will Drive It!!!

I don't know what our 380 Ray Laser weighed. Greg Foster said the bottom was good. I put a straigh edge on it, and the bottom was flat. With a 260 HP or S-3000 no one really wanted to drive it. I think keeping the speed to about 80 with two in the boat would make lots of sense.

The boat is a handful with these EFI motors, might handle better with cable steering, but we never had cable. The boat is currently in Greg Foster's garage in Havasu, looking for a HOME!

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...?t=4009&page=3 Still looks like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Default CJ Baker Will be Racing the 380 Ray Laser in 2014

If I understand the Enduro rules correctly, CJ Baker will be driving Greg Foster and Mine's 380 Ray Laser.

Thread Information