Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video clip - World 0-350, Milan, Italy 1988

Post Thanks / Like

Default Video clip - World 0-350, Milan, Italy 1988

The first part of this video clip is from the 0-350 Worlds in 1988 (Idroscalo in Milan)

http://www.dailymotion.com/jackus173...and-crash-boat

Not the best quality but still very watchable

Now, how many Americans can you spot? - there are at least 3 in the video and possibly more

Here's a snippet of info about the race:-

1st 19 Maurizio Jemmi (Italy)
    2nd 10 Alexej Ischutin (USSR)
    3rd 50 Chengtao Zheng (China)

29 Entries!!

And a snippet of history too. Although used for racing and rowing these days, I was once told that the Idroscalo was built by Benito Mussolini to land his flying boats upon. Not sure if this is true, but it sounds very feasable as it's a) very long, b) not very wide, and c) very close to Milan

Thanks David 98 for the link on Formulaseries.net site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a question.

First of all thanks for the video Are there hydro races like that with all those boats on such a big coarse still going on these days or is that a thing of the past? The most I have ever seen run at once is 12. Looks like fun.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default US Drivers

I spot Gary Pugh and maybe Mark Borges in Harry's boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 350cc ???

i think is a 500cc hydro !!!! i find this part of video on a duke videotape!!!,krash king powerboat,at this years the hull in 350cc is a popoli?,and in 500cc,the hull is a kergaterer,yamato,renwood,schullz,with havas attila chesman andy,giuliano landini,noone paul hareza tadeusz,trombeta tiziano etc...etc.........but may be not !!!! i dont no !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to disappoint you jackus173 - it's definitely 0-350 and is 1988. The 0-500 Worlds were held at the same venue in 1989, so that's probably where the confusion arose. I have to confess that I thought it was 0-500, but then someone pointed out my error

I'm sure Eric Pugh and Ralph Donald will post some comments (damm, let the cat out of the bag) to confirm the year and class

Tim - to answer your question. We still run hydros on big courses like this. It's not so common place, we mostly use river and lake courses, but even last year we used a regatta rowing course in Germany. You'll find the video here:

http://www.motorbootrennen-dessau.de/Bilder/bilder.html

First one on the list - Motorbootrennen Brandenburg

Fields of 20 - 30 boats are not unheard of in Europe, especially in one off World championship events. Looking at the UIM site the numbers in 2006 for the Worlds were:-

0-125 = 20 boats
    0-250 = 24 boats
    0-350 = 11 boats
    0-500 (see F500 below)
    0-700 = 10 boats
    OSY = 20 boats

As for the multi race (European) series:-

Formula 125 = 14 boats
    Formula 250 = 16 boats
    Formula 350 = 15 boats
    Formula 500 = 12 boats (World Series)

The halcyon days of the 80s and 90s have gone, but the classes are establishing themselves again, especially the lower cc classes

PS - I can remember the 1989 0-500 Worlds.....44 boats!! How about 1993 in Lakeland, there was plenty of boats there too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thats goog racin..

Thanks Corin, thats cool stuff. Did you say Lakeland? I used to go to Lakekand as a teenager and watch stock outboard with my dad but never a pro race. Thats good stuff man thanks..
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Chance

To get the videos posted here instead of a link ? I know my filters at work won't allow me to visit youtube or some of the sites listed. I have dial up at home, so no way can I try a video there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    To get the videos posted here instead of a link ? I know my filters at work won't allow me to visit youtube or some of the sites listed. I have dial up at home, so no way can I try a video there.
    David - it is possibe to download the vids from the German site, but even the lower quality ones are 4 to 5Mb. Don't know how Ron or Ted would feel about hosting files of this size as they take up a lot of space and naturally space = $$$s

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    Dave, I'd rather put them on a disk and mail it to you. Reposting them on BRF would involve copyright issues.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Great link Doris!
    A while back, I posted some results from that event.

http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=3746

Herr Ralph was with his boat(red nosed Danisch) crew was Steve Litzel. Next in line was Gary and crew of me. Next to us was Guiliano Landini, I guess that explains why Guisseppe was over talking to us.

The start was great. Iemmi was first off, but Ischutin pulled to the first turn. Look at Bernitsin in the wing boat get away quick, next to him is Oliver Franke in the white tunnel.

Nope-never, tunnel boats will never work in the smaller classes Hey, here's an idea, why dont we restrict the engines to deflectors, open pipes on gas???

I believe that was Mark "Boat Buster" Borges in the #15 Popoli. They brought that back to the states with limited success.

I love how all the squirrels in the back start hunting around for nuts even before half way down the strait.

John Stevens was at that race too. After winning in Berlin the weekend before, besting Loth, Volenter and many more, with a beat up Krage Danisch, he borrowed a Popoli from......girl racer from Milan, traveled with her dad, won 125cc WC in 98 or 99?? They never got the set up right and John was off the pace.
    Had I known 1984 was going to be my peak year, I would have tried harder

Thread Information