Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Post Thanks / Like

She was kidding or I'll kill her, OK guys???? LOL Agreed ross. This was one of the most worthwhile projects if not the most worthwhile project I have ever done.

And yep, we gotta get some SD water time, or if you got a lake by you, we can drive too. I found this very cool hunk of earth in Lakeside with a 25 acre lake between some mountains....Water as blue and smooth as a baby's rear end... It's on Indian land, and might be a great spot for a future stock race course, test site. I'll call the tribal parties at hand and find out what it would take...

Post Thanks / Like

Default KT's Hill tradition initiation, by Broc Hill

It don't get any better than this!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

KT, Bill,
    It doesn't get ANY better!!!!!
    The tossing into the water isn't necessarily a Hill tradition.... But it is a good one!!
    A real rite of passage,Congrats to all of three J hydro guys, oooops, drivers on a grat fun race
    And yes, Bill, a very worthwhile family value filled weekend of fun, family, old and new friends!!

I would love to come down and bring my daughter to hook up with you guys and help test

See you soon,
    Bunker

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill & Kt
    I Am Glad You Had A Great Time
    Wish I Could Have Been Their To See Her First Race
    Sometimes Work Sucks.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats KT

Congrats to KT on a fine race. Can wait to see you grow up and rebel agest your dad and drive a Merc!!!!

Good luck at your next race.

Bowman

Post Thanks / Like

I got about as wet as KT did but thats ok because it was so hot that day I wish somebody would have thrown myself in but I wasn't lucky enough to win any races.... damn

Managed to get two 3rds but was dq'd for being 2 pounds shy of 700. Damn, if I would have just put 1/3 gallon more of gas or ate a burrito or something.... oh well I can do it once I can do it again or place even better.

The weekend was definatly a fun one filled with alot of family and friend bonding. Can't wait to do it again.... oh, I think I ended up placing in front of Chad again... no sweat.hahaha
    Broc Hill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rossdbos View Post
    There were way too many people telling all three of you what to do and what not to do. They all meant well. Like I said, it was safe, it was fun and I look forward to coming down to S.D. with Jared and the boat to do some testing so he can get more seat time. At the next event we will all be running the same class so there is no major speed differences, this way you all will have to race each other side by side! That will be too much fun!
    Watch out, the "whimpy" boys are looking for some payback!
    Ross
    eek??? tell them to Bring It On!
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

KT,
    First off congrats on getting in the water and racing, I'm sure you had a great time !!

Now starts the learning curve. First and foremost you need to LISTEN to the referee and or race director as per instructions as to how the race will be run and FOLLOW them without saying anything but "yes sir"

I'm sure that Ross and company did a few things different for your class to make sure you all got on the water which is really cool, but every race will not be like that (ask John, Wayne, Ron, Jimbo or anyone with 30 years experience).

Some heats will go great, fast and out front and some will suck big time, maybe your start, maybe someone got the jump and you will be left behind,maybe you got hosed in the first turn or whatever ,well, thats racing... its happened to us all ..

You need to be able to come in after a heat and tell your father how the boat ran, not so much as how you did, but the handling and the speed through the corners and straightway and start a book, keep set up information, a good look at something like this would be go to Wayne's amazing story and look at some of his race/ test data see what he has written. every heat and every race is something different, never like the last one.

Remember first and foremost this is FUN, you have, and will meet some wonderful friends from allover the country and the world if you continue with this sport
    Good grades also make a big difference,other race teams will see that you have put time and effort in to school and take it seriously, you might be surprised who might offer you a nice ride in another boat or class as time goes.

Regards,
    Carl
    94-R

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grades and Hydroplanes

It would appear every teacher should encourage their kids to race J/AXS/A hydros and use that as a tool to get the grades up...KT has raised every grade one full level in every class. With the exception of one incident today, which will be handled between the teacher and myself and KT, she is kicking butt! So, thank you everyone for all the words of encouragement. Thank all the great teachers at Parker this weekend riding herd over KT as she sat after her heat in Hill's pit, doing homework while all the boats ran....I told her had she done this all year, she would have had a 4.0, and, I could easily make the decision to take her out of class for 2 days drive to Minden....We are working logistics now, and would really love to get to that race....

Carl:

I brought your post to her attention and she will be answering you after homework is done. And what you wrote, excellent advice. If she does not tell me what the boat is doing, we can't dial it in any better. she got some great air under it this weekend, and she had good form in the turns, so said everyone who knew what they were looking at. But, as Ron said, she needs to back off the throttle a tad going in, set the left sponson, then half way through get back into it sio when she straightens out, she is into the pipe and can do those cool slingshot moves like I saw Tammy and Jeff do in their C boats.

If I'm not mistaken, you don't necessarily need the fastest boat in a straight line. You just need to manage the course better than anyone out there. Sort of like money. It ain't what you make, it's how you manage it......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carl lewis View Post
    KT,
    First off congrats on getting in the water and racing, I'm sure you had a great time !!

Now starts the learning curve. First and foremost you need to LISTEN to the referee and or race director as per instructions as to how the race will be run and FOLLOW them without saying anything but "yes sir"

I'm sure that Ross and company did a few things different for your class to make sure you all got on the water which is really cool, but every race will not be like that (ask John, Wayne, Ron, Jimbo or anyone with 30 years experience).

Some heats will go great, fast and out front and some will suck big time, maybe your start, maybe someone got the jump and you will be left behind,maybe you got hosed in the first turn or whatever ,well, thats racing... its happened to us all ..

You need to be able to come in after a heat and tell your father how the boat ran, not so much as how you did, but the handling and the speed through the corners and straightway and start a book, keep set up information, a good look at something like this would be go to Wayne's amazing story and look at some of his race/ test data see what he has written. every heat and every race is something different, never like the last one.

Remember first and foremost this is FUN, you have, and will meet some wonderful friends from allover the country and the world if you continue with this sport
    Good grades also make a big difference,other race teams will see that you have put time and effort in to school and take it seriously, you might be surprised who might offer you a nice ride in another boat or class as time goes.

Regards,
    Carl
    94-R
    Carl,
    Yeah,
    Thank You for being supportive- along with the rest of the people!
    I have raised most of my grades for or 5 grade levels
    I look forward to going to Minden, California.
    I did tell my dad how the boat ran.
    Chad Hill,
    Getting my grades up was hard... (kinda)
    If you didn't read the top I got most of my grades up except for one, 4 or 5 grade levels.
    It took me one week and a half to do that.
    Thank You for letting me have fun at the races haha
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Thread Information