Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not Duct Tape

We call it 100MPH tape......... remember that and stock up on it. Rubbing is racing.

I know Chris, and Amanda, she races to. Speaking of them, Hope Don recovered well from his surgery, saw them up at UOM when my mom was in there for her surgery.

Skoontz,

If you need a new nose piece let me know, mine incorporate a windshield. I will make you a heck of deal on one. I think Ernie Dawes there in CA do as well ?

Post Thanks / Like

Dave:

I don't think the Dawecraft noses will work on this boat. We need one that will stick out in the center and I think Ernies mount flush at the hull with nothing sticking out....I'll dig out some pictures to see....But yeah, Ernie is sure alot closer than you or the other guy in Mass and if that works, that would make more sense.

I also need to ask him as well as Roger Carr about the motor hieght/transom depth with a stepped bottom as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well!!!

It is a know fact that you can't race Kneeldown Boats without DUCT TAPE.

I once cut my shoulder on Carl Meyers B Runabout windshield (I drove Carl's number two rig all year and ended up High Point in the club), first heat out on a Saturday, Divisionals 1963, ambulance people felt I needed stitches....I just duct taped it together and left it for a week...and kept racing...

I was High Point driver both days in a combined Stock and Alky Divisionals....

Bottom Line about Dawe cowlings... A Dawe cowling is the front of the OLD STYLE Hoffman 45 capsule... And KT Doodle, the one on your boat was made at my shop and Ernie put it on...

Ernie buys these nose pieces from me...He has two on order now. One for Jeff Conant's new A Hydro. And One for Marlee Hill's new J Hydro.

Old pictures of Chad's first 45, 14 years ago, a Dawe 45 with Hoffman Capsule....A Rod Bahner Custom paint job...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    We call it 100MPH tape......... remember that and stock up on it. Rubbing is racing.

I know Chris, and Amanda, she races to. Speaking of them, Hope Don recovered well from his surgery, saw them up at UOM when my mom was in there for her surgery.

Skoontz,

If you need a new nose piece let me know, mine incorporate a windshield. I will make you a heck of deal on one. I think Ernie Dawes there in CA do as well ?
    Yeah I have heard a lot of good things about Mandy too.
    Yeah Ernie makes Nose pieces too.
    He is the oone that made the nose peice for my boat the 1st time she flipped.
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill View Post
    It is a know fact that you can't race Kneeldown Boats without DUCT TAPE.

I once cut my shoulder on Carl Meyers B Runabout windshield (I drove Carl's number two rig all year and ended up High Point in the club), first heat out on a Saturday, Divisionals 1963, ambulance people felt I needed stitches....I just duct taped it together and left it for a week...and kept racing...

I was High Point driver both days in a combined Stock and Alky Divisionals....

Bottom Line about Dawe cowlings... A Dawe cowling is the front of the OLD STYLE Hoffman 45 capsule... And KT Doodle, the one on your boat was made at my shop and Ernie put it on...

Ernie buys these nose pieces from me...He has two on order now. One for Jeff Conant's new A Hydro. And One for Marlee Hill's new J Hydro.

Old pictures of Chad's first 45, 14 years ago, a Dawe 45 with Hoffman Capsule....A Rod Bahner Custom paint job...
    Cool okay! My Mistake Dave- Ron made pthe nose piece.
    and Nice pictures... What happened to the last one?
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

KT and Bill, we have an AOF race Labor day weekend in Alexandria La. about 3 hrs. from here that you guys should come and race at. It would be cool to get to meet you guys. I spoke with Connie Payne at the AOF office and she and I are gonna try and get the Tri Hulls to race also. VERY COOL if we can make it happen.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested also, perhaps some of the other 45's local would want to do it as well. I would do anything to get more local races going for us here,
    3 just isn't enough. Pineville/Alexandria is only 5-6 hrs away. IF Sport cant do it maybe AOF can!!! As I see it theres to many divisions and drivers are spread out with limited opportunity, especially down here in our region.

I just want to race the darn boat without having to drive a 1000 miles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transom idea here....

Please either let me k now what you think or destroy the idea with constructive criticsms...

KT's boat is 8 1/2' long. It can be, hard to plane, even though if we use cleaver props rather than dog ears, it will come up fine with little rocking...Her transom is too low based off the 1 3/8" gauge in the rule book....So, what would occur if I made an adjustable aluminum transom, weight, 3.5 lbs and we have that to spare, that would cantilever the hydro which would in effect plane the boat faster....Or, will this not work or not allowed on a hydro? I did not see anything specifically barring adjustable transoms, so long as they remain fixed from start to finish in the race....This just might give her the extra length I think she needs to make it more stable.....

So, good idea, bad idea, too much coffee this morning????? whad da ya think?????

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Skoontz - Check PM

Check your P.M. I tried to reply to your PM but it told me your PM box was full. I have some answers to the questions you asked me.

What is your email, I can send you an email. PM me or something.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Dave:

Should accept messages now....E-mail uniscaper@cox.net.

Thanks

Thread Information