Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    A rainbow sounds much easier that what you had planned Skoontz. Flags furl around like you say, but a rainbow only exists in arches--comlete or partial. So if that's what KT wants then all you have to do is figure out whether it is supposed to be an Andy Warhol rainbow or an airbrush one where all the colors transition from one color to the next.

I do like my old colors of Red White and Blue. But whatever you do, as I am sure you know, a clear coat of UV protection is necessary for longer life in your part of the world. We always had good luck with DuPont.

I saw some Johnsonville Brats for the first time at the supermarket yesterday. I think I'll grill some for Labor Day.
    hahaha.
    wow... well the rainbow sounds good and all but i am thinking more Red, Yellow, Black, and green.
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne:

Thanks for the input....If this boat is done in a rainbow, what I envisioned is using one or two base colors, say darker at the nose, then gradaully lightening it until the transom, similar to the "Color Me Gone" Charger A/FX funny car of the 60's. To start with say green, then red, then blue, or whatever, no, I'm just not envisioning the end result, and any time I cannot see the result in my head before it's done, that result is most always disapointing. Anyhow, this makes for an interestng weekend....A beer weekend....

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Skoontz.....Last night I grilled the Johnsonville Brats just like you explained and they were fantabulous. I also sliced some Idaho potatoes longways about 3/8ths inch thick, rubbed them with olive oil and sprinkled Montreal Steak Seasoning on them. Grilled them til the were brown and tender. Debbie liked the meal very much.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnsonvilles!

Breakfast of performance boaters all over the United States! The taters sounds like something I gotta try Wayne!

Now back to the overpriced steambath I'm getting preparing the Bottom of KT's boat with clear coat. If it hardens well enough we'll roll her over and get to the deack and sides......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Miss KTDoodle Too

Well...
    Lets just say that we have a lot of work to do. Dad as we speak is spraying the clear coat over the bottom.

I still need to make up my mind on the colors that I want.

Miss KTDoodle has been officially retired. UNLESS we are running Kilos with her. I highly doubt it though, as she is about 120 pounds and mostly wood. Most Kilos are run with Carbon Fiber boats now. As most of you know.

Miss KTDoodle Too will be in action on September 16th and 17th. The 17th is the first day I got started into this sport. Which will be the same day that I release my new video. Of my year of racing.

People that would like to be in the video. PLEASE reply to this post and send me your pictures or videos.

As for now. People in the video:
    Myself.
    Jared Wallach.
    Jeff Conant.
    Tammy Dawe.
    Broc Hill.
    Chad Hill.
    Karissa Carson.
    Many Others that will be identified in a little
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

Default clearcoat???

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Breakfast of performance boaters all over the United States! The taters sounds like something I gotta try Wayne!

Now back to the overpriced steambath I'm getting preparing the Bottom of KT's boat with clear coat. If it hardens well enough we'll roll her over and get to the deack and sides......
    I hope you are using epoxy on the bottom, versus just automotive clearcoat. Auto clearcoat is not tough enough to withstand the abuse (nor seal the wood properly) the bottoms of our boats take. I have found that West Sytem epoxy and 107 hardener provides the best and most durable finish for the bottoms. It also allows to to occassionally wet sand the bottom flat, of which clearcoat will not let you do. I know Ernie applies a couple coats of epoxy on the bottoms of the new boats he builds, so just requires a "through" sanding and application of another "good" coat of epoxy....................
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Daren:

Meaning no disrespect to the builder of this boat, it has been coated with West ssytems 107 using an asphalt driveway sealing broom, so it's on 1/4" thick, bristles, chunks, and all. We've spent the better part of a day using a D/A sander to smooth it out and we still have 1/32" on there which i assume is all a boat really needs to retain it's rigidity.

Any place where we rubbed into the wood, and there were only 2 small spots, was recoated with 107, then vibrated down. I used Dupont clear coat and hardener over the snaded epoxy, it looks incredible, if it was not for the medium wood tone and the fudge colored filler used in the nail and staple holes. The bottom will be cleared, and the top is going to be flourescent candy yellow, with graphic stripes of flourescent candy red, blue and green with black division stripes. I'm not into the green part, but, it's KT's boat. I'm weighing paint so we don't over do this rig, and after I get all the boogers and driveway brush bristles out of the epoxy, level it out, fill, sand, fill sand, we will blow a coat of primer over the parts that will be painted. I'll post a couple renderings in the next one I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Default We need a vote, or opinion...

This is KT's drawing, idea, concept

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Daren:

Meaning no disrespect to the builder of this boat, it has been coated with West ssytems 107 using an asphalt driveway sealing broom, so it's on 1/4" thick, bristles, chunks, and all. We've spent the better part of a day using a D/A sander to smooth it out and we still have 1/32" on there which i assume is all a boat really needs to retain it's rigidity.

Any place where we rubbed into the wood, and there were only 2 small spots, was recoated with 107, then vibrated down. I used Dupont clear coat and hardener over the snaded epoxy, it looks incredible, if it was not for the medium wood tone and the fudge colored filler used in the nail and staple holes. The bottom will be cleared, and the top is going to be flourescent candy yellow, with graphic stripes of flourescent candy red, blue and green with black division stripes. I'm not into the green part, but, it's KT's boat. I'm weighing paint so we don't over do this rig, and after I get all the boogers and driveway brush bristles out of the epoxy, level it out, fill, sand, fill sand, we will blow a coat of primer over the parts that will be painted. I'll post a couple renderings in the next one I do.

with all the epoxy, primer, basecoat and clear, you will be adding about 10lbs to the boat.........

make sure you block sand the last 30" of the bottom (get a "stink block") from Darrell Sorensen.

PS: if it were me, I would just seal up the top of the boat with epoxy, then rig and run it a couple times, until she is comfortable with the boat, then paint it. I have made the mistake of completely finishing and painting the boat, to then go out and crash it, the first or second outing.......wasting all the previous work..........it also allows the epoxy to fully cure and take a set and much easier to sand after a couple weeks...........
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Picture one

I personally don't like this....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information