Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Post Thanks / Like

Daren:

I'm not ranting on scorers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOL

PS, there are 2 pin turns at Longbeach, but they can't be 50' apart at least from where we stood on shore.....

bill boyes

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Ok, I'll do an 18"x18" black backdrop, with white numbers....And if a scorer can't see that inside of a 1" metalic boarder on the outer perimeter of the black, they need catarac surgery....I'll keep it as the rule book reads even though it's gunna screw up the frozen burrito look KT is after
    18" X 18" Did I say that? No I did not!!! Gezz
    The reason I posted the numbers deal is for you to understand the rule. I do not want you to do a labor intensive and expensive paint job and then someone tell you KT's racing number is not correct. The thing is you may be able to race with the incorrect number in a Region that knows KT's boat and they just overlook it. Then you go to another Region or a championship race then they tell you to fix your numbers or KT will not be scored. This has happened. Not good. It has happened to me. Do it right the first time. I'am just trying to help you avoid this.
    Gee you are a hard person to help.
    I suggest if you come to a Region 11 race work on the Judges stand and call out the boat numbers for the lap sheets.
    Enough, I'am done.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, Bill and all. I will look at the rule book prior to painting. Her old number plate was 18"x18" with 16" tall x 1" thick numbers. Sorry about being a hard, it's the German thing!

Anyway, we got her colors....After I opened them to check them out, Rose red, neon, chartruse, glow in the dark neon, and neon green, I had to be taken to the emergency room and have my eyes checked...I went temporarily blind...So, that's that....Now we got 4 days of pretty intense work, base coat, tape, secondary color coat, tape, other secondary color coat, tape, then last color coat, then tape. Strip coat, black metalic, then pull tape, buff and clear coat..... Movies to follow....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Progress....

The bottom is primed and ready. Ever staple hole filled, primer wet sanded with 400, my paper of pre paint choice. Anywhere that a pice of wood did not configure a perfect line was smoothed, filled, and made square. The bottom was the hardest part in my opinion, now for the deck with the goal being we can base coat white today in my dust filled spray booth ( a spoof from Earl Sheib) under the sun tarp in the driveway. Once again we have the Starship Enterprize kids asking why I built another spaceship as the boat was upside down in the drive....And, the older crowd, who followed us to Lnagbeach, Bakersfield, and next week, many will be at San Diego. One guy used to be a wrench on a Cracker Box team in the late 40's. The owners engine of choice was a Cadidliac, of 1941 vintage. There was a light armor tank made early on that used two Caddy engines like this, flat head, V-8, and 331 cubic inches. I asked for pictures, and he will dig for me he said....

We (KT andI talked in the driveway last night before cholestrol free pizza and wing delivery, and she is gunna "allow me" to put a couple glow in the dark patches at the sponson tips with the appearance of a torn piece of paper flashing back along the neoon red and neon green decks.

We are gunna get an king sized bed sheet, have Patti my wife cut in thirds, then die it the colors of the boat, and tailor it for a sun cover to pull to the shore....Sort of that professional race vehicle thing. I'll never forget seeing Jimbo and Goat driving down the hill at Pottowattamee Park in a blued gray El Camino, Molinari under a perfectly fit tarp....Motor was gearcaseless....They opened the back of the Camino and after looking at the water and buoys, goat selects of the 6 there, one with OMC primer, spray paints it in the parking lot, then bolts it on.....

Anywho, time to get to werk creating dust boogers....

Once we get the boat done, I'll get a bill of sale and register it as Daren said, so, we can test til we can't afford it no more......

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pictures are worth 1000 words....

Soooooo, as soon as I find the kid, we'll get some up. The Dawecraft performed perfectly. First heat and in the shore for fuel, KT realized this boat glides alot better than the old one, and, she ran ashore....No scratches, no damage except ego, and tok the sheen off a perfectly polished Ron Hill Skid fin....She almost launched over the deck when the boat stopped in the sand.... Push out to the trailer, check the boat, splash some more fuel and out she ran again. The other drivers were trying to turn her inside, and she saw them, and was very observant. Hamming it up in front of the unlimited clock tower, she waves at full throttle to the onlookers, about 5 or 6 thousand of them....We ran her with an AXS choke collar. The Dawe snapped right up on plane even though the boat has an inset transom. It turns like it is on rails, at full clip (52 on her GPS) she turned a 30' wide 180° as if the boat was a tunnel....KT brought it up slow, satyed off he throttle when she saw a few ripples, remembering what the Love boat did to her....Except, as soon as she figured out she could drive this boat rather than have it drive her, she was dancing this thing like she was a seasoned pro. We ran into Eranie and Tammy Dawe at Hill's pit and when Ernie asked me how it ran, it was he first time I ever saw him grin ear to ear. His newest design is awesome! We stuck the bottom bottom piston ring, and that cylinder is running hotter than the top by about 175 degrees for whatever reason....Cylinders looked good clearances within spec.... So, I'm gunna ring and or piston the motor before Bakersfield.... The colors and the flames came out great and we have a few more adjustments before Bakersfield. Pictures soon, the numbers are'nt on yet.....Don't worry Mr. Bill, they are and will be legal and readable.....

Post Thanks / Like

Soooooo, as soon as I find the kid, we'll get some up. The Dawecraft performed perfectly. First heat and in the shore for fuel, KT realized this boat glides alot better than the old one, and, she ran ashore....No scratches, no damage except ego, and tok the sheen off a perfectly polished Ron Hill Skid fin....She almost launched over the deck when the boat stopped in the sand.... Push out to the trailer, check the boat, splash some more fuel and out she ran again. The other drivers were trying to turn her inside, and she saw them, and was very observant. Hamming it up in front of the unlimited clock tower, she waves at full throttle to the onlookers, about 5 or 6 thousand of them....We ran her with an AXS choke collar. The Dawe snapped right up on plane even though the boat has an inset transom. It turns like it is on rails, at full clip (52 on her GPS) she turned a 30' wide 180° as if the boat was a tunnel....KT brought it up slow, satyed off he throttle when she saw a few ripples, remembering what the Love boat did to her....Except, as soon as she figured out she could drive this boat rather than have it drive her, she was dancing this thing like she was a seasoned pro. We ran into Eranie and Tammy Dawe at Hill's pit and when Ernie asked me how it ran, it was he first time I ever saw him grin ear to ear. His newest design is awesome! We stuck the bottom bottom piston ring, and that cylinder is running hotter than the top by about 175 degrees for whatever reason....Cylinders looked good clearances within spec.... So, I'm gunna ring and or piston the motor before Bakersfield.... The colors and the flames came out great and we have a few more adjustments before Bakersfield. Pictures soon, the numbers are'nt on yet.....Don't worry Mr. Bill, they are and will be legal and readable.....

Wellllllllllll,
    i ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY NEW BOAT!!!
    and no dad I WAS NOT WAVING
    i have already told you this
    i was telling you that i had one more lap to go
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go KT glad the new boat has restored your confidence, go get um

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default See !!!!!

You never know if you will like something unless you try it. And you were so worried........ geesh !!!

I have raced and tested a lot of different designed boats and I am comfortable in one more than most. Some of my competitors are most comfy in another design that I am not. They run it as hard as I run mine. It is like picking out a pair of shoes, you have to go with the ones that won't wear blisters on your feet.

I am happy for you that you like the new ride. Now that you have you have beached it once, everyone does this once it seems, you will come in slower.

Your next mission is to help your dad re-ring your engine !! If you are worried they make these Nitrle gloves that are skin tight so you don't mess up your manicure....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Mason View Post
    You never know if you will like something unless you try it. And you were so worried........ geesh !!!

I have raced and tested a lot of different designed boats and I am comfortable in one more than most. Some of my competitors are most comfy in another design that I am not. They run it as hard as I run mine. It is like picking out a pair of shoes, you have to go with the ones that won't wear blisters on your feet.

I am happy for you that you like the new ride. Now that you have you have beached it once, everyone does this once it seems, you will come in slower.

Your next mission is to help your dad re-ring your engine !! If you are worried they make these Nitrle gloves that are skin tight so you don't mess up your manicure....
    haha\
    actually!
    it doesnt matter if the shoes blister my feet. if they are cute i get them hahaha. and nooo dads the mechanic. i am the driver.his job is the engine and mine is homework!
    ssooooooooooo lates!
    i will be on tomorrow... maybe
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say it, but "I TOLD YOU SO".............the Dawe was what KT needed!!

lets see some pictures of it!!!!!

PS: I have Ernie building me a new hydro this winter!
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Thread Information