Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck next weekend KT! Make sure your dad takes lots of pictures to post for everyone to see.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

First, problem salved...Thanks for everyones input....After working and spending on that motor, the last thing we needed was to stick it doing somthing stoopid! BTW, it was the tank. We spent the day at Lake Hodges to the AWE of many onlookers counting the days when they can see about 12 boats practicing...

Thanks Tim for the well wishes...I think once she gets her turns dialed in, and I make a prop change or 10, we will be set....The first picture to follow explanation. Dewald A wheel, 54.3 on GPS. Engine RPM 7380. Me thinks we could dial that down just a hair, add a bit more pitch, to bring that speed up. But thats for a prop guy to tell me.... Plus, it was s short burst, not a full on loud pedal grab.

Also, I'm realizing the accessories one must get for the race boat....A Camera like Annette the future Hills or Dianna the future Mrs. Pat Bowan would be AWESOOME!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

This is using a stock shifter case, which I will post pictures of the depths on the Scenarios thread. Best of the day, 44.1 using an 11" aludimen wheel. Turning was a little different than the race case, (right hand rotation) but I gotta tell ya, squeeze the trigger, boat flies out of the water, engine springs to life, sponsons slap once, feater the trigger once, and hook up. This will eat an APBA J rig for lunch with 50% less bull crap. I would love to see a good J rig run against one of these when they get dialed in, even if for exhibition.

Post Thanks / Like

We put a Ron Hill B wheel on the boat, just for yuckaddoodles (notice how I rhymed with KTDoodle??)...It sucked out of the hole, lots of feathering to bring it up, RPM held to 6,410. Top speed 47.2. We were 1/8" low on the nose with a 1/4" tuck, and ran out of time to really play, but I'm thinking this ain't the wheel for this boat. So, this is Lake Hodges. A few years ago, the lake was so low, they would not let boats on it...Then came the monsoons of 2003-4, which produced enough water to dump mover the dam. The first time since 1986. As a result of the low water, trees had grown up in the areas where the water subsided. I told her, and i told her and i told, STAY THE H--- in the middle...But NOOOOOOOO, she got close to shore....So, flying along, and I hear Baaaaaaa--waaaaaaaa!!!!!!(see rooster tail rooster tail, then CLUNK!!!!!!!! My mind races, I'm gunna freeken Kill her!, then the engine dies.... Out the $650 Zodiak from E-bay putts....She hit a log, but when she did, instead of trying to plane off, she let the motor die....GOOOOOOD GIRL!!!!! So, turns out they got these goofy protected birds that they used to eat and kill called Greeves....Sort of like a duck except differfent, and they dive under water and swim to eat fish. The Game Warden told us in a few weeks they won't be there, so, best to test after they leave...See log as pictured....NO DAMAGE!!!! GOOOOD FREEKEN GIRL!!!!!!!! LOL Excuse the sealer on the hot rod case....We were ducking rain bullets...

Post Thanks / Like

DANG thats a COOL paint job!! Looks FAST!
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Grandpa said, " One test is worth a thousand expert opinions" Now that we have this great resource (Lake Hodges) 15 minutes from home, we ill test...Test....Test....I opened the first page of the log book today....Water temp and conditions, engine vitals, etc. So starts the first day of the rest of this incredible journey called boat racing! Time for that steak to hit the grille....BTW, anyone who is in my area and wants to eat, I love to cook, so, if you are a boat race enthusiast, dinners on me!

Post Thanks / Like

Tim:

Thanks for the comment about the paint....KT wants to keep it as is...i think it needs more fire, what do ya think? What does anyone think? I don't like the infected snot side, the red side is my favorite, but she wanted this Rasta thing she is into, and had as fit when I did the small hints of fire...I want to see this thing burn all down the side....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My Opinion

Leave the boat the way KT wants it, it is her boat... If her grades go down again, I will send you a quart of purple paint and you can make it all purple, her favorite color.

Post Thanks / Like

Now Dave, I'll take you up on that!

Personally, deep metalic purple, with yellow/red/blue fire and a neon cockpit, that thing would look bad ***! And this time, we're gunna get some good pictures to send out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Ming, 2008 sectionals

Between getting DQed all of Saturday because judges claim to not be able to read numbers, and running her first A hydro heat with over 4 boats (there were 8) KT got a DNF first heat, and finished 6th overall. Carl and Kyle Lewis, we wish to thank you for the great coaching job and steadfastness with KT. Aaron P, it was great to finally meet you, and we will see you sometime in the near future in Washington. Patrick, thank you for the excellent job on KT's life jacket, I would recommend Security products to anyone! Bunker, Ron, Russ, Miss Marlee kicked some tail in J! Drew, great tipping a few with you...Anyone who i forogt to, i'll get tomorrow, I'm beat, sore, tired and jazzed...

Lake Ming Rocks~!

Thread Information