Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

Post Thanks / Like

So, I gotta question...If I can read the numbers on KT's boat in the picture that was taken in practice 2 weeks ago, from 1/4 mile away, then how come judges can't read her numbers on the water? When is the last time they had their eyes checked? And, should this be a requirement of being a judge?

And I got another question....how come if they could not read her numbers, did no inspector call it BEFORE the race, then they wait through the first heat, AGAIN not say a word, let 3 heats of other boats go, then DQ for the numbers, after the second heat?

I won't even elaborate as to what I think the problem is, but this discretionary rule is BS, especially in a case where perhaps a judge might favor one boat over the next, not that this was the case here, but I could easily see that happening.

I'll post a few pictures of how we corrected the problem later.....

Post Thanks / Like

Skoontz-
    Don't take this the wrong way! But volunteer to work on the judges stand with the scoring crew and you will soon realize how much a pain in the A## is it to not be able to read numbers. I am a Referee, my wife has been a Chief Scorer for several years( including the Stock/Mod Nationals. We have some experience here. The number two thing that gets her goat is legible numbers.

That being said. I think it was a bad call that you were not warrned of the situation in order to correct it, BEFORE it was too late. There , you may have a beef, but the rule book is vague enough to just say they must be legible.

Page 16 Rule 6 #5.

From a picture off of the other site. Compare your numbers to those in the background. I could see why the may have had a problem, but not why they didn't give you a chance to fix it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Their white numbers on a black background ,,,plenty large enough to see for some distance,,the 98 C boats are just like it so did they get DQed also?????? I call BS on this one too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DKL View Post
    Their white numbers on a black background ,,,plenty large enough to see for some distance,,the 98 C boats are just like it so did they get DQed also?????? I call BS on this one too
    I say the same thing only I couldn't read the numbers on that one in the background. Just my opinion but it seems they may be just singling you out to mess with. That really sad because I've been on the judges stand before and lets be honest, they know who you are when you come flying by so you can't tell me they look at the damn # to identify the boat.

The boats are required to make a pass in front of the judges stand before taking the green flag. At that point your # was documented and from there on out it's the freakin BRIGHT GREEN BOAT not #62C.....
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default Numbers

I think if you got rid of the pink and had a bigger black background in a square shape, they would not have a problem...

Post Thanks / Like

Bill:

In the pictures you posted from testing, I could not read the number. I thought at the time that you may have had an issue at Bakersfield.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I have to agree with my my boy Davey. The numbers would be hard to see as they go by, b/c of the black border not being square and the Bright paint job. It is tough for the scorer to catch numbers when you have to keep looking up and down to catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dew1us View Post
    To be honest I have to agree with my my boy Davey. The numbers would be hard to see as they go by, b/c of the black border not being square and the Bright paint job. It is tough for the scorer to catch numbers when you have to keep looking up and down to catch them.
    If they were looking at the #'s every time they go by! Thats just it, their NOT!

I sent this picture to my mother who was on the scoring stand for 20 years and she just thought it was funny. Like I said before and Craig you know this, after the boat makes it's parade lap in front of the judges stand they know who it is!. They call out, Thibodaux and Furnal (drivers names) as they go by NOT 62C or T99.

Post Thanks / Like

Without the pink around it it probably wouldnt be an issue but the pink makes them hard to make out I couldnt read them from your testing picture on the other thread. People get to know a boat from seeing it around but a new paint job or new boat can get confusing and there is no rule in stocks that says you have to go by the judges stand while waiting for the white, in fact they want you to stay out of the shute to keep the waves down. Most of the time they just count the boats on the course and they know if one is missing or someone from the pits calls the judges stand and says so and so didnt make it out. If you look in the picture all the boats have a square black or white back ground but I will agree you should of got a warning about the numbers then could of just put an X on it for the time being.
    Your Never To Old To Win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gstillwill View Post
    Without the pink around it it probably wouldnt be an issue but the pink makes them hard to make out I couldnt read them from your testing picture on the other thread. People get to know a boat from seeing it around but a new paint job or new boat can get confusing and there is no rule in stocks that says you have to go by the judges stand while waiting for the white, in fact they want you to stay out of the shute to keep the waves down. Most of the time they just count the boats on the course and they know if one is missing or someone from the pits calls the judges stand and says so and so didnt make it out. If you look in the picture all the boats have a square black or white back ground but I will agree you should of got a warning about the numbers then could of just put an X on it for the time being.
    Well that must be something new because every drivers meeting I've ever been to they tell you after the 3 minute gun to pass the judges stand so they can acknowledge your out to race.

Call it what you want but they got singled out and DQ'ed for reasons we all know.. Read the thread "scenarios of a new class"

Thread Information