Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LoveCraft half Transformed into Miss KTdoodle. A story by KT

rossdbos

Default Skoontz, we agree

We agree on the wide bottom class but I have a racer and race to put together now. I think your KT and Mel Beard want to race at Parker so we have 3 confirmed. We can start building our local class boats but I kinda wonder why with so many old A boats that are laying around. I think better to use existing boats but work on opening up the rules, with safety in mind, on allowing other motors in that are in the same speed/hp range. After all, ideally, I would like SCSC/SCOA to have a fleet of J's -6 to 8 identically prepared boats that we bring to each race and the J racer's draw at drivers meeting for the boats, not just the prop's for the race that day. This would do more to teach them how to drive and read the water and understand the fundamentals. Also, it would keep the cost, way down as the boats would be virtually identical. Keeping them safe while teaching them how to drive and not have worry about continously searching for speed at this level will get more people involved, especially if they only have to buy/rent a helmet, cut suit, & lifejacket for the weekend. If they like it, they can continue for a maximum of 2 years then at 11 (the APBA rules would have to be modified) years old they can start in AXSH and begin "prepping" their own boat and looking for speed secrets and ways to make it go fast! Just my opinion, but this would for sure attract newcomers and get them "hooked" and create a "feeder" system for the AXSH, then ASH and beyond.
    Ross Wallach, SCSC/RPM RACING ENT.

Post Thanks / Like

i think it a good idea ross. if u need someone to test boats and other stuff. i will help. i'm about the right size to test the boats and make sure they all get on plain. three more years and madison can race jsh too. that if my sister will let her. lol
    kevin

Post Thanks / Like

Ross:

We wil be at Parker. KT's first race. We are still waiting for APBA membership and numbers. Picking her engine up soon. If you need an engine to borrow, and she is not running J, you can use it. After speaking with Dale Bishop, region 11 has a great idea with J class. They let the kids try to plane off and if they can't, they let them pick another prop...It sure would be nice to rig a gyroscopic governor like a Techumseh lawn mower motor runs. Engine under strain, it allows full throttle, such as planing off. Engine working easily, it pulls back the butterfly. That would eliminate alot of BS and rigamarole.

rossdbos

I have already contacted my PWC racers who will gladly be there to bring the kids back in if they don't plane off. Also, they will take them around the course prior to dropping the flag so they know where to go. I don't plan on running them on the 1 1/4 mile course- rather the 7/8 mile (SST-45) course will suit them better- 4 laps instead of 3, flag start, not clock as they have enough to worry about their first time out.
    Got it handled and thanks for the help! Like the prop change idea but don't have all day to wait to change prop's with the amount of classes and boats showing up. Maybe we'll come down to S.D. and teach the kid's how to plane off and come in without dumping the throttle 50 ft. from shore.

Also, I own the course (CG Permit) starting on Friday now instead of Saturday morning (thru Sunday night), so if enough rescue show up I am tinkering with the idea of paid testing for the Inboards/SST's and testing for the J's on Friday- but very tentative until I can confirm rescue being onsite. Then it's just a matter of ordering the ambulance (thus the reason for paid testing) and we will be set.
    Last, call Sabrina with APBA or email her and ask what numbers are available. I did it today and she let me know what two digit numbers were available, I am letting Jared choose his number tonight and will send the paperwork in via fax tommorrow and he'll be set. I'd advise doing the same if you want control over her number.
    I spoke to Jill Beard (Mel's Mom) last Friday and he and his dad (Mike) were spraying his boat. She said he's ready to go racing at Parker. Now it's time to see how many more could show up. Ally, Ann Hoban's Grand-daughter will be there and I would like to give her a ride if her Mom let's her. Like I said, I wouldn't mind getting a fleet of J's together (mine included) for a draw each day so the kids really learn to drive, but we'll have to discuss this at Parker.

Take care,
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Default The micro throat....

Do you have the ridiculously small plates to make an A , a J, Ross? Or, is that something I need to pick up somewhere???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Do you have the ridiculously small plates to make an A , a J, Ross? Or, is that something I need to pick up somewhere???
    SKOONTZ I HAVE ONE KT CAN HAVE IF SHE IS GOING TO RUN J.
    I WILL LOOK TO SEE IF I HAVE TWO INCASE ROSS NEEDS ONE.
    DALE

Post Thanks / Like

Dale,. I dunno what we would do with out you man!

Post Thanks / Like

SATURDAY!!!!!!!!! IS GUNNA BE THE BEST DAY EVER! ***BOAT TESTING*** Dad, By the way,I was wondering if I can bring two friends??? (Puppy Dog Beg) Pweety Pweaze??? haha anyway J (Jalisa) and Corynn want to come... Paul says he might find himself up there to but isn't quite sure, it being desert season still and all, Fox may want him in Ocitillo for a Movie, so I will get back to you on Friday with that...
    Have a good night!
    KT
    KT SCHWAB
    62C Miss KTDoodle
    2nd place overall AXSH in Copper (:

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have just two words KT...

Lab report?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skoontz View Post
    Lab report?
    Cough Cough BRI Cough Cough