Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: yamaha or tohatsu?

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

this is a copy of the 56/mod50 omc, with the stock carbs it's not all that, it needs a set of 90hp carbs, like the one on page one. be seein how thay do
    up against this hear F-3, in 61cubes or less class racin

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thomas, OMC F3 were use in F3 class (or O850) and Yamaha 70 CES are use in F4 class (S850).
    This 2 engine were really different, one is 'unlimited" and the other have a limited tuning
    The OMC have a exhaust over water not the Yamaha

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

we run a class that would be like (0 1000) or one thousand cc's or less.
    put them 70hp carbs on the 50hp. i did run the 52 yamaha in this class, it did well (only with 90hp carbs, with the stock carbs a stock SST60 just pulls away).
    some have nicasil liners in them with trick pistons to get the displacement up
    in the yamaha. now i'm runin this in that class

ya, for what ever reason some can't understan what i'm sayin, ????, so much for university

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

hears the yama ces tuner,made of stainless, the stock one is crome plated, just guna rot and fall off

FFX-61
    Post Thanks / Like

the point is, when yamaha decided to make a 3cyl outboard, thay had a mod50
    (the one with the 6pack on it), a SST60, and a Stinger on the table, and thay took what thay thought worked best and called it thare own what works on one Works on All of them

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hear ...Hear ! .........here here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Fred View Post
    the point is, when yamaha decided to make a 3cyl outboard, thay had a mod50
    (the one with the 6pack on it), a SST60, and a Stinger on the table, and thay took what thay thought worked best and called it thare own what works on one Works on All of them
    You tellem, Rapido Frederico ! .....................................I happen to know that Suzuki was interested in the O M C v-6's , also. In 1976 , when the omc V-6 first came out (for retail sale, )Paul Bender ,an Evinrude dealer( &boat racer) got in his first V-6 , he immediately SOLD it to Suzuki. ( at full LIST price) He was also a Suzuki dealer.
    Last edited by Roy Hodges; 03-19-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: clarification

Post Thanks / Like

Default wow

hey guys, I've been away from my computer for about a week and a half, yall are puttin out a lot of good info, I've still gotta read it all but I saw soemthing about stepping up to a bigger motor, I can't do that because I'm only workin in the 3 cyl. class as long as it's got 3 cylinders I can try to use it but other wise with a bigger mtoro I got nobody that'll run me, otherwise I would step up above 3 holers. I'm just tryin to find what engine would make the best motor for this. I also run an outboard jet which also hurts me, I wanna get somethin with a prop but the jet's all I'm stuck with for now. Yall are puttin out a lotta good info though thanks guys.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Let's talk port timing

The stock M50D2 Tohatsu has low port timing, Transfer at about 58 degrees, and exhaust at about 82.5 degrees. Taking the exhaust up will allow the torque and HP curve to go up. My calculations tell me that the max usable RPM would be about 8000 RPM. Because the transfer timing is hard to adjust, leave it stock until further testing. My best guess to allow the engine to run at 8000 RPM with good torque and high HP is to move the exhaust timing upward to about 88 degrees. Ideally the transfer port timing should be adjusted upward to about 60 degrees.

For reference: total exhaust open time would be 2x88 degrees and full transfer opening time would be 2x60 degrees.

Anyone have real results?
    thanks,
    Neil Bass

YARD BIRD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastest Freddy ;

I think you better remove that "Rubber Ducky" , before you are in trouble with Terry Klem. The " Rubber Ducky" has been his trade mark and /or boat name , since he (and Noah) launched the ARK . He is the guy who just set the 1100 C C runabout kilo record at 112 mph , with a 600 C. C. Rossi .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by iwanajohnson View Post
    hey guys, I've been away from my computer for about a week and a half, yall are puttin out a lot of good info, I've still gotta read it all but I saw soemthing about stepping up to a bigger motor, I can't do that because I'm only workin in the 3 cyl. class as long as it's got 3 cylinders I can try to use it but other wise with a bigger mtoro I got nobody that'll run me, otherwise I would step up above 3 holers. I'm just tryin to find what engine would make the best motor for this. I also run an outboard jet which also hurts me, I wanna get somethin with a prop but the jet's all I'm stuck with for now. Yall are puttin out a lotta good info though thanks guys.
    Hey Andrew, did ya read my iwanatohatsu joke?
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Thread Information