Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sst 45

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Year Was This???

Do you still have this motor (s)?

Looks like it still had the 11/16 props shaft. Have not seen a painted gearcase in over ten years...

I was thinking, after Bakersfield, a week agao, how good these engines actually ran. We had ten boats there, all but two that managed to wreck...ran over 60 laps in two days, and there was not one engine part failure.

In the last three years, I've seen two gearcase failure...One, was our BRAND NEW NEW, that I didn't put any oil in...and RJ did break gears at Minden, but he said they gearcase was four years old...

I saw a pinon shaft that broke when a prop pin sheared....but these gearcases hold up really well for the use they get in California....And Sea Way Marine has all the parts for these gearcases in stock....

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Factory 45 Engines

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Why didnīt the guys at the factory tell me that in the first place
    I was supposed to build a competitive boat for anyone to bolt
    the stock engine on. Since this engine(s 3 powerheads) came directly from the factory
    they should have updated it and not send junk over here, nevertheless who really cares anymore, we can build other boats.
    There hasn't been a factory 45 powerhead for so many years that I can't remeber. Second Effort had them first, then OMC Performance goup & now Seaway Marine. If someone ordered a 50, 55 or 60 HP short block through the normal parts distribution they would have gotten the incorrect rods, but most likely the correct rod bolts.

Thread Information