Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Black Cat Racing Team.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the article.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, I can't say THANK YOU enough times.. You make the history of this sport exciting to read about. AWESOME....
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim. I enjoy looking up this old stuff. If I were only more organized.

This is from the June 1973 Motorsport.

Post Thanks / Like

Great articles and pictures Wayne! Thanks for sharing! I proud to say I've met nearly all of those guys in those pictures, and some I've gotten to know long after their racing careers ended. Jim Slack even took me on my first Poker Run at Lake Travis 6 or 7 years ago - what a RIDE that was~!!! WOT all the way --- in a 22 foot boat!

Here's a website I found for Alvin E. "Bud" Babbitt, "Babbitt Custom Homes" in Waller, TX.

I'm positive Buddy made this site for his dad:

http://www.babbittcustomhomes.com/aboutus.html

Jim Foreman's son Roddy is currently living in Austin, TX and occasionally visits my in-laws who live there too. When Roddy made it into the APBA Hall of Champions 10 or so years ago, he dedicated his award to Bud Babbitt's son Buddy Babbitt, who was then suffering from severe lung damage he developed after treatment for spine cancer as a child. He and Buddy were very close.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Miss BK. Those were all great guys. I was talking to Joe today about the Motorsport days. We had a great time. It was because of that we got to meet so many of the OPC and inboard guys, plus our connection with Red Adair. And most of the alky guys would come to the OPC races if there were any way possible. I was very pleased to meet Roddy at the LSBRA reunion last year. When I saw Foreman on the name tag, I knew he had to be Jim's son. I would never trade for the associations and friends that I met along the way through boat racing. Never a finer bunch ever wore wet tennies.

Post Thanks / Like

Default woody

Wayne remember when Woody Carson talked me in to doing the color for his radio show when they did the races live. Woody got me up in the air about 50ft. Then WOODY TELLS ME DONT DRINK ANY THING WE HAVE STAY UP HERE FOR THE WHOLE RACE.That was the last time I did the race up in the air.Wayne we had alot of fun working for Harry with his MOTORSPORT mag.

Post Thanks / Like

Jim's son (my uncle) Roddy Foreman. APBA Hall of Fame SST60. Roddy raced Sport E in his own boats #84 for years and drove SST60 for Johnny Calley boat #333 for years after that and won everything there was to win. Roddy is my mothers (Angie Thibodaux) younger brother. Willa Foreman (nanna) spent years on the highway pulling boats from race to race as well as like Wayne mentioned was involved in scoring and officiating.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim, I found another article in Motorsport September 1973 in which Bud and Jim are mentioned.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Wayne. Thats real cool. I'm trying to get my mom to turn loose of some of the stuff she has so I can post.

I have some picyures of Jim but the are so orange that when I scan them you can't really tell what your looking at.

I always heard Jim say my dad was crazy in a race boat. How funny the paper called him a wild bull. Sounds like he was a bit of a wild man himself.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Parker...

V-8....Who is this??

ADD; Wayne, the lady with the white belt...Who is she?

Thread Information