Thread: In memory of racers no longer with us:

Post Thanks / Like

Roy Heagy

Should've got this in a couple of months ago: Someone on the other site (which has a lot of Reg. 10 participation) informed us that old Spokane racer Roy Heagy passed away in May of this year, lung cancer. Roy was one of the Stateline crowd of enthusiastic racers, especially alky racers. I didn't know him at all well, but he was a good guy, fairly quiet and unassuming, but good-natured and with a ready sense of humor. I hope one of his close friends will tell us about him. Last I saw him, late-Seventies, he was trying to get his old FB Konigs to work with Kawasaki 500 pistons, since the Mahle pistons had become NLA.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roy Was A Long Time Friend, That I Never Met

I'm not sure how many props I sold him over the years. A few years back I bought some 45 parts from him. He always seems to be a hard working, nice man. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Art Carlson 9/23/1930-7/28/2014

Art was an interesting man. I never knew him well. He was born in Omaha, Nebraska. My dad was also born in Nebraska. Art learned wood working skills as a young man and often built model airplanes. He once built an airplane large enough to put his cat on board and pulled it with his bicycle. The plane flew well, but the cat was NOT impressed.

At one time Glastron/Carlson was building 75 boats a week.

As a kid, I thought Art's Stock Outboard Hydros were the coolest things. Great paint jobs, pretty colors, they weren't very fast, but they were pretty!

After Art merged with Glastron, I always wished I had a High Rider 21 footer, a Glastron Molinari by Carlson.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tom Doidge: Long Time Racer and Cracker Box Builder

I know tom has been gone for awhile, but I ran across this picture of Tom that Bunker's wife, Annette, had taken of Tom at Bakersfield about 8 years ago.

Tom was a support of boat racing at the local and national level for many years. He build several very cool Cracker Boxes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bob "Curly" Williams

Our true friend Bob "Curly Williams" died yesterday in a very bad motorcycle accident heading home from work.

I truly believe he is in Boat Racing Heaven.

He will be truly missed and my prayers go out to Amy, and his family.
    Please see the attached pictures and remember Bob today. He was one of a kind and loved by all.

Sincerely,
    Ed Solis
    President
    Silverado Framing Company, Inc.6892 Doolittle Ave.
    Suite D

David_L6

Tab Buford passed away Saturday November 8th. Tab was the "B" of B&N runabouts.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Stanley Leavendusky Jr. AKA "Butch"

Butch passed away yesterday afternoon (Thursday 12-11-14) in his recliner with his dog in his lap and wife by his side.

Funeral arrangements are by Griffin Legget Funeral Home in Alexandria, Ar. They may be accessed and messages posted by Googling the name of the funeral home. Burial is Monday, 12-15-14 at 10:00am.

I will post more about his life and accomplishments in Boat Racing after returning from the funeral.
    Thanks Ron Hill thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Van Steenwyk View Post
    Butch passed away yesterday afternoon (Thursday 12-11-14) in his recliner with his dog in his lap and wife by his side.

Funeral arrangements are by Griffin Legget Funeral Home in Alexandria, Ar. They may be accessed and messages posted by Googling the name of the funeral home. Burial is Monday, 12-15-14 at 10:00am.

I will post more about his life and accomplishments in Boat Racing after returning from the funeral.
    Bill,
    This is very sad news. "Butch" was a great competitor, a very colorful person and a friend to everyone in racing.
    No one outside of immediate family knew him better than you, Bill.

Thank you for keeping us updated on Butch's status during his long illness.

You and the Leavendusky family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I'm totally blown away to hear this. Condolences to the family, and aslo another end to a era for sure. Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stanley Leavendusky

I'm sorry to hear of "Butch's" passing. I'm sorry I didn't know Butch and his dad better. I like I ran Leavendusky pistons in Harry Bartolomei's B Looper in 1967...I just remember Stan running a "LOOPER". I probably bought more than 100 Leavendusky steering bar pulleys. They were cool little stainless with plastic pulleys. Never had a failure.

Bought my last ones probably 1977, or 37 years ago.

I know I have less tomorrows than yesterdays!

Thread Information