Having said we've been friends forever, it is true. Randy was Jim Hauenstein's Crew Chief, when Jim died in a capsule. Randy was also, Chad's Crew Chief in the F1 season 1997.

Capsules have saved many lives. This last weekend, a young man, with three children under the age of 5, died in a Super Stock V-Drive. When Rudy Ramos started Super Stock Runabout, it was a stock 427 and an 80 MPH boat. Now, it is a $30,000 race motor that goes 100 plus MPH. These boats need capsules to save drivers lives.

I am not advocating Capsules for the 336 Enduro, but for short track racing, I think capsules are needed. When I was OPC Chairman, 1998 or 1999, I wanted to use the UIM rule of lane in, lane out. Ben Robertson said, "UIM says, lane in, lane out...(You enter a turn in lane three you come out in lane three)...." Great idea I thought. But it was Norm Scaub, Ben and myself that liked this.

IF this was the rule, capsules WOULD NOT be needed for COR....Two problems: 1. That isn't the rulle 2. Officials don't usually watch COR heats.

So, the boats, must be idiot proofed!...And yes, Randy, it may kill the class, but capsule won't kill people.

ADD: George May is 92 years old, we can't have him referring at his age....but that would probably work!