Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    www.irfanview.com
    been using it for years
    Ok Pilgrim, that's another useless app I just downloaded---------must be a trick I'm missing out on--------put in a Good word next time you're on there. Sauce for the goose and all that jazz !

oldalkydriver

Jackie, if I'm reading your reply correctly, it says you downloaded the app. That is a NO-NO! The app I referred you to is an free online app. You just click on what you want to do with the picture. Where it says browse, they want you to point to the folder that has your pictures. Then you click on the pic you want to scale down. I usually divide the total pixels by 3 and take it down by 1/3! then save as and rename it. When you are ready to post it, just attach it from the folder you put it in. Double clicking the renamed picture. It will load (might take a minute or two) then attach.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok Alky-------up to my fetlocks at the minute, then I'm on it !

Post Thanks / Like

Default iCloud for your Computer Via Your Phone

My wife has me signed up for iCloud, my phone pictures all go there, then, I down load the picture to my desktop and I can go right to BRF. I took this picture froma picture. This is Fred Hauenstein in the boat, Brad Miller and myself after we won the 1978 Parker 7 Hour Enduro.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally we're getting back to some real boat racing history here.
    Haven't heard from young Thiberdeaux for a while, he was the one that introduced me to BRF in the first place.Guess losing his dad Gene didn't help, I was so sorry to learn of his passing, he was a lovely man !
    Must be getting on for ten years since we sent the cosworth to the USA . Afraid the progress has been snails pace at best. Excuses ? We've all got those, Finance and time are the commodities most lacking. First and foremost everyone has to make a living and to do that and be successful you need to work long and hard. While you do this with your head down and your arse up, time goes by at a prodigious rate of knots and suddenly it's ten years down the line
    Will look into this iCloud deal Ron. Will need the help of my grandkids, I find all this silicone valley technology way above my mental capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

Default iCloud from My Phone's Picture: Valleyfield, Canada 1967

I had just won the John Ward Trophy Race for 500 CC Outboards. This is Valleyfield, Canada. I was driving Harry Bartolomei's equipment. Fred Hauenstein finished second, after breaking the Canadian World Record in the second heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Was there such a thing as a photo taking phone in '67 ?
    Loved the atmosphere in Valleyfield, met Joe Gamboni and his family there in '76 ------they put me in with the guppy's, 7 litre inboard hydros! It's where I learned all about being "Hosed Down"-------- came away a hell of a lot smarter than when I landed.
    Laudabach gave a little speech ------didn't understand a word he said, he had an accent from one of the outer space planets or was it Louisiana .
    Paul Ulrich was there with one of the most beautiful boats on earth-------didn't go worth a flying fart, but looked the part?
    Was also the first time I came across the lethal combination of "Flashmans" and brownie cake with the chewy bit in the middle ? Had a strange effect on the unwary mechanic--------like, for no apparent reason my mechanic Chas Shooter suddenly stripped off to stark bollock naked, Carried a push bike up the steps to the top of the water slide and rode it all the way down into the pool. Wound up with half the population of Valleyfield frolicking naked in the pool------great times.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was there in 76 also Jackie. I had half a lap lead in my qualifying heat and coming out of the final turn on the way to the finish the electric fuel pump shut off. Fred Hauenstein, Tim Butts, Jimmy Aderholdt and Dan and Jerry Kirts were there also. It was the John Ward race. Maybe the last one ever held. Jerry Kirts won. I think Fred might have been second. I took a lot of pictures and maybe have one of you if you can give me the boat number. I didn't know any of the inboard guys. I was planning on doing a story for Powerboat and so I asked Lee Hertz to write the story. One of two stories I did for Powerboat where I only supplied the photos. Lee wrote the Region 6 column in the Propeller Magazine and knew the inboard guys, so I figured that was the easiest way to get the story out. I might also have some pics of you at the driver's meeting if you can tell me about where you were seated. Was Paul Ulrich from Switzerland?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    I was there in 76 also Jackie. I had half a lap lead in my qualifying heat and coming out of the final turn on the way to the finish the electric fuel pump shut off. Fred Hauenstein, Tim Butts, Jimmy Aderholdt and Dan and Jerry Kirts were there also. It was the John Ward race. Maybe the last one ever held. Jerry Kirts won. I think Fred might have been second. I took a lot of pictures and maybe have one of you if you can give me the boat number. I didn't know any of the inboard guys. I was planning on doing a story for Powerboat and so I asked Lee Hertz to write the story. One of two stories I did for Powerboat where I only supplied the photos. Lee wrote the Region 6 column in the Propeller Magazine and knew the inboard guys, so I figured that was the easiest way to get the story out. I might also have some pics of you at the driver's meeting if you can tell me about where you were seated. Was Paul Ulrich from Switzerland?

Don't have a single picture of the little Cosworth in Valleyfield. Can't remember my number.
    Canadians refused to recognise the UIM paperwork, I told em it was an outboard but nobody believed me.
    Stayed with Jim and Louise Thompson for a couple of weeks--------was the time of the '76 olympics in Montreal.
    Was only allowed to run with the 7 litres--------- damned things would go across the start line six abreast, even thought about jumping the gun to avoid those bloody rooster tails---------was rumoured there was a hundred tons of water in the air at any one time in any GP race ! I could take em in the corners but they always managed to pass me on the straights .
    Paul Ulrich was from Switzerland---------worlds number one poser-------very wealthy philanthropist-------couldn't drive a babies pram, gave away poster sized pictures of his boat in their thousands---------must have cost $20 each to produce!
    Had some wonderful evenings and Barbies with drivers from all over North America and Mexico, Canada and all points of the compass--------we told stories until the early hours of the morning then would go into town for an early breakfast, finally we would sober up and head for some sleep.
    Would appear I got to know Jeff Lytle-------wish I could remember !
    Fast Freddie must have still been with OMC at that time, so I didn't get to know him until years later.
    One last question master oil--------what's your name-------if folk don't give me a name, I tend to give them one, like dingleberry and pilgrim.

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post

Don't have a single picture of the little Cosworth in Valleyfield. Can't remember my number.
    Canadians refused to recognise the UIM paperwork, I told em it was an outboard but nobody believed me.
    Stayed with Jim and Louise Thompson for a couple of weeks--------was the time of the '76 olympics in Montreal.
    Was only allowed to run with the 7 litres--------- damned things would go across the start line six abreast, even thought about jumping the gun to avoid those bloody rooster tails---------was rumoured there was a hundred tons of water in the air at any one time in any GP race ! I could take em in the corners but they always managed to pass me on the straights .
    Paul Ulrich was from Switzerland---------worlds number one poser-------very wealthy philanthropist-------couldn't drive a babies pram, gave away poster sized pictures of his boat in their thousands---------must have cost $20 each to produce!
    Had some wonderful evenings and Barbies with drivers from all over North America and Mexico, Canada and all points of the compass--------we told stories until the early hours of the morning then would go into town for an early breakfast, finally we would sober up and head for some sleep.
    Would appear I got to know Jeff Lytle-------wish I could remember !
    Fast Freddie must have still been with OMC at that time, so I didn't get to know him until years later.
    One last question master oil--------what's your name-------if folk don't give me a name, I tend to give them one, like dingleberry and pilgrim.
    Jackie,

Master Oil, the Company his father founded & under whose banner he raced is Wayne Baldwin from Alice, TX or at least that was where Master Oil was located.

Sorry Wayne, jumped in as I guess you are busy out in the field. BTW how is Joe doing?

Thread Information