Quite all right John, and you are correct mostly. I was born in Alice, Texas Jackie, and we first raced under Alice Specialty, then CB Racing Team, and later and mostly under Master Oil Racing team. Master Oil and Alice Specialty were both located in Alice. We later moved to Corpus Christi, Texas and my Dad EE "Baldy" Baldwin bought 534 acres of land on the lake with a partner to develop a lakeside subdivision. The real reason he was interested in the property was because it was perfect for outboard racing. I still live there and have lived on the lake mostly since 1970. My Dad Baldy was the prime force in getting UIM outboard racing in the U.S. during modern times.

I had seen the gentleman Ulrich in Karlshaven racing on the Weser River in West Germany a few months before Valleyfield. I concluded then that he must be very wealthy and that he was more like a gentleman racer that preferred to be with the racing crowd with an antique hydro than to be competitive.

I am 99.3 percent that I have a picture of your boat. It is a black & white photo so I can't give you the color. Fuel tank cap is about eighteen inches behind the cockpit centered on a white stripe. Looks like a vertical stabilizer on either side of the cockpit on the deck back at the transom. They are about a foot high and three feet long. Number looks like 4, and there is a smaller than regulation British flag at the rear of the starboard stabilizer. Looks like side draft carbs.

And I talked to Joe this morning John, and he is doing very well. His daughter Christi is a very high muckety muck in Texas education and deals everyday with the significant legislation and politics in Texas Education. He was telling me about the ruckus on the floor the other day. She knows all the players, and has had significant impact on what happens to all our school districts, etc.