Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Threaded View

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Johnno, It's easy to see you are an engineer and not a PR man -cause the draught coming out of your rectum could only be the result of a misguided and frustrated boffin with a bad dose of indigestion and collywobbles wanting to vent his ire on anyone who happens to be in the vicinity. Never heard such utter tripe and nonsense in the whole of my long being.!!!!!!!!!!
    When ole Carl started to promote his product via the racepond--------wasn't long before the sales went up a tad and the other side wanted to know what was going on, and joined in the fun. Then the party started. the factory wars were great-----but you made a coupla mistakes-------------there should have been a capacity limit---which never came------and then there was the WANKEL----a very expensive disaster-------open cheque book----millions spent and 4 working models and a 2 spares and shelved after -----what 2----3 years. Don't kid me it was a stop gap effort---------that's bollocks and you know it. Great for the boffins but still an abject failure. The V6 was a good little runner but was never the equal of the Merc-------so we come to the waste of space lump of a motor the mighty V8---- Killed and maimed more pilots than any other engine in the history of the sport and was useless as an outboard to the industry due to its weight and awesome power. No manufacturer had a boat in production that could take it------and there weren't too many takers. Died a natural---as was fitting . Do believe the V6 merc is going strong but i still think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they continue the horse power race.

The OMC V8 series lasted 3 years . the V6 Mercury is still alive and well and still running-------------what more can i tell you?????????
    Hi Jackie,

Long time no see..last time in Key West I think..!!

I have been reading at S&F and now here at BRF..
    but are not getting in to all this stuff...

We all lost lots of good friends to outboard racing over the years..from small 35 hp outboard classes to unlimited OZ class...
    Please..be careful here.

BTW..the first OMC V-8 race was early 1981..Brodenbach, Germany
    and the last in Europe late 1985 in Sevilla, Spain..
    Then the V-8 racing went on in the USA for 3-4 more years..

I have been an OMC racer and dealer over many, many years and my memories and success with the Evinrude brand is extremely good..

Have fun and I meet Mark at the Miami Boat Show this year.

Regards

Lasse
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Thread Information