Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jackie Wilson..

I met and had a email with this really cool guy yesterday by the name of Jackie Wilson. When I say met I mean online. Jackie popped up on another website I was reading on and had some awesome stories and racing input. I sent him an email because I wanted to know more about him and he almost instantly responded. We typed briefly about his racing days and I was amazed at the things he told me he had been involved in over the years.

Does anyone remember him and have any good history about him we can all enjoy? He seemed to be a tunnel boat racing encyclopedia..
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 01-17-2013 at 10:29 PM.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ask Him...

Ask Jackie, if he drove the Cosworth powered Mercruiser, at the Parker Nine Hour, about 1979, with Brett May as a Co-Driver...

And If he did, I want to see some pictures and also I have have a coulple of stories about that boat....Seems Jackie and Brett drove that "Puppie"...

Post Thanks / Like

Ron has the right idea.

A simple question would also be: Are you from the UK? That'll confirm he is ine and the same.

I met Jackie in the late 70's when he came to this side of the pond to race one summer. A wild and CRAZY guy! Ask him if he remembers Joe Gimbrone!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lytle View Post
    Ron has the right idea.

A simple question would also be: Are you from the UK? That'll confirm he is ine and the same.

I met Jackie in the late 70's when he came to this side of the pond to race one summer. A wild and CRAZY guy! Ask him if he remembers Joe Gimbrone!
    Hey Jeff, You think i was crazy,and you knew Joe--------no contest--------Mad as a march hare, would put a rope round his neck and hoick a big block V8 clean of it's mountings and never stop talking to you. Had a wife with a colossal sense of humour and a couple of daughters that were same age as my own.
    My mechanic and i were discussing the fact that with shoulders like that and being built like a brick sh--house could one imagine the size of his 'Tallywhacker'. ????? His wife looked at Joe and said to me and Chas----------"you know what i call him"" ?????

Needle Dick----------The bug F----R, she roared with laughter and Joe just grinned at her.
    On my life that is absolutely true.

Joe was the guy along with Larry Lauderbach who dumped 70 tons of water in my lap before we even reached the first turn buoy at Valleyfield in '76.

We all then motored up to Cornwall or Bornwall ?????/ where all the locks were, but we got blown out with a cissy force 3 wind ---------Joe and i went out to test and agreed it was good to go, but the others went "pussy" on us ,so we just split the prize money and had a Barbie

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jackie

You dont hapen to have a photo of the back end showing the drive do you?

Cheers

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerabout View Post
    Hi Jackie

You dont hapen to have a photo of the back end showing the drive do you?

Cheers
    Grandson Craig has done a web site for the Cossie restoration, i think its www.wilson custom marine .com
    He will update the thing as it goes along.
    Originally thought it would be a fairly easy project---but on closer inspection 35 years out of the water has not done the old girl any favours, and Mark is up to his fetlocks in work on all fronts.
    There will be plenty of piccies of all aspects of the boat and it's drive and centrifugal clutch etc. JW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RonHill View Post
    Ask Jackie, if he drove the Cosworth powered Mercruiser, at the Parker Nine Hour, about 1979, with Brett May as a Co-Driver...

And If he did, I want to see some pictures and also I have have a coulple of stories about that boat....Seems Jackie and Brett drove that "Puppie"...
    I just invited him to this site about 5 minutes ago. I called him Mr. Wilson and he freaked out. I think he called me a DINGLBERRY.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Jeff on this. I'll find a mug shot later.

Kudos to you Tim for getting him here on BRF.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple more from Powerboat & Waterskiing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Default Brett May....Hmm

I don't have time, right now, working to props like crazy, and tomorrow working on the web page problems...

But, Jimbo and I talked to Karon May, Brett's sister, Sunday...and we promised to get together and talk...

I'll tell about the time Brett fell off Lee Holden's trailer and Lee ran over him....

Only picture I ever saw of the Cosworth on the water...We'll get these pictures back to normal, maybe...tomorrow...

Thread Information