I've never met nor talked to Jackie Wilson, but from what I've read he's a class act and you also have to factor in the media. I think there are quite a number of racers out there that have said things that were misunderstood or misrepresented by the media that they wished they could clarify. I don't take it this day and age that he meant that he was cheated out of the win because he was from overseas. And I truly regret bringing up the point. It was just a part of the story, and I, like John thought Parker was pretty open. So I was confused as to why spend all that money to come to America in the first place with a motor that was not American made if that was a requirment and also why was he not informed before racing, if so. I figured that everyone in the race would have stopped by to check the rig out before the first flagged dropped, if not to acquaint themselves.

I never met the editor of P&W ,Rosalind Nott, though I did have a few articles published there and she traveled to the U.S. and did some great articles on some OMC and Mercury teams. So in my opinion it was an article published for overseas consumption with no animosity toward any racers, officials, or anyone and came at the end of a glorious career. Whatever the misunderstanding was, I hope this ends it and I know the people here at BRF will welcome Jackie Wilson with open arms, and thanks again Tim for bringing him aboard. One thing I have been wondering about, and maybe knew at one time....is Mark Wilson his son?

Would like to hear from you Mike Ward. Saw a number of great P&W articles you wrote while looking up some stuff about Jackie today.