Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Glad to see your post's again Jackie. Like very much your English wit style of posts. Reminds me much of talking to my old friend Douglas "Pip" Willey. I have had though the same problem you have with pictures. I have not been able to figure out how to post pictures with this new format. I had a computer friend scan some up for me, and one worked OK. but after that, all went bad. I was able to post some of my Son on the Autograph thread, but they all turned out junk. Since then I have looked at some of my old threads, and every photo is terrible quality. I posted a lot that were not that good of a quality, but they needed to be part of the story, and were good as they helped tell the story. Most of these stories were of other members, and I happened to be able to add some visual to what they were saying. Unfortunately, I have noticed that all of the good photos I have posted have all been junked out. They are not clear and sharp anymore. I don't know how or why. I have not talked to Ron about it. I just got bummed out and quit trying to post pictures. Hope it can get straightened out soon.
    No two ways about it, it's much easier to post pickies on the "OTHER" site.
    Needed a decent picture of Rons HALLETT pickle-------the ones I got came from the facts forum-----lousy quality.
    Time to step up to the post Ron !

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    No two ways about it, it's much easier to post pickies on the "OTHER" site.
    Needed a decent picture of Rons HALLETT pickle-------the ones I got came from the facts forum-----lousy quality.
    Time to step up to the post Ron !
    here is a newer picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by John Schubert T*A*R*T; 05-07-2017 at 05:44 AM. Reason: was a test for posting pictures

BoatRacingFacts VIP John Schubert T*A*R*T's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Glad to see your post's again Jackie. Like very much your English wit style of posts. Reminds me much of talking to my old friend Douglas "Pip" Willey. I have had though the same problem you have with pictures. I have not been able to figure out how to post pictures with this new format. I had a computer friend scan some up for me, and one worked OK. but after that, all went bad. I was able to post some of my Son on the Autograph thread, but they all turned out junk. Since then I have looked at some of my old threads, and every photo is terrible quality. I posted a lot that were not that good of a quality, but they needed to be part of the story, and were good as they helped tell the story. Most of these stories were of other members, and I happened to be able to add some visual to what they were saying. Unfortunately, I have noticed that all of the good photos I have posted have all been junked out. They are not clear and sharp anymore. I don't know how or why. I have not talked to Ron about it. I just got bummed out and quit trying to post pictures. Hope it can get straightened out soon.
    Jackie & Wayne. Here is how to attach pictures. I just did it & know that it works.
    After clicking reply to post & posting your message, in the lower right corner click on "GO ADVANCED". On the next page that comes up, scroll down to where there is the option to click on "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" & click on it. This brings up the option to select pictures that were previously selected to post or to click on "+ ADD FILES" to select new files. In doing this then go to your saved pictures to select what you want to post. Click on "OPEN" then click on "UPLOAD FILES", then click on "SUBMIT REPLY".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John Schubert T*A*R*T View Post
    here is a newer picture
    That's a pretty good picture John.
    Have a good day!

Bruce

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackie & Wayne. Here is how to attach pictures. I just did it & know that it works.
    After clicking reply to post & posting your message, in the lower right corner click on "GO ADVANCED". On the next page that comes up, scroll down to where there is the option to click on "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS" & click on it. This brings up the option to select pictures that were previously selected to post or to click on "+ ADD FILES" to select new files. In doing this then go to your saved pictures to select what you want to post. Click on "OPEN" then click on "UPLOAD FILES", then click on "SUBMIT REPLY".
    Tried like a demented Guipetto for twenty times John-------gets as far as"Upload files"----- gives me the same reply, "UNABLE TO UPLOAD FILE"------I got shedloads of pickies, but am a bit short on patience-------why make things so easy when you can make it so bloody difficult without really trying--------YOUR MOVE !

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

here is a newer picture
    I bow to your superior ability John------that is simply beautiful !

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got the same problem. I can get through everything, but downloading the picture and it tells me it can't. This is the third format change I believe and I have figured all of them but this one out. I think mine may have been too large, but I tried resizing and still have problems. I'll give it another try one of these days. Like Jackie, I ran out of patience. When I get in the right frame of mind, such as when someone wants to see a picture of someone, and no one else can find it, then I will get inspired.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Russ Hill, Senior's Favorite Catoon: Posting Pictures

This was my dad's favorite cartoon. I did some research and found it to be around 70 years old.

OK, posting pictures. There is no new soft ware from VBulletin, Facebook is so easy.

1. Click: Reply to Thread
    2. Click: Go Advanced
    3. Click: Manage Attachments
    4. Click: Add files
    5. Click: Basic
    6. Click: Chose file
    7. Click: Up load

If that doesn't work, send the picture to me and maybe we can figure out why you can't post it.....

Otherwise as the cartoon says, "You had your chance."

ADD;

Another thing I do, is bring the picture up on the screen, and take a picture of the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ron Hill; 05-09-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hill View Post
    This was my dad's favorite cartoon. I did some research and found it to be around 70 years old.

OK, posting pictures. There is no new soft ware from VBulletin, Facebook is so easy.

1. Click: Reply to Thread
    2. Click: Go Advanced
    3. Click: Manage Attachments
    4. Click: Add files
    5. Click: Basic
    6. Click: Chose file
    7. Click: Up load

If that doesn't work, send the picture to me and maybe we can figure out why you can't post it.....

Otherwise as the cartoon says, "You had your chance."

ADD;

Another thing I do, is bring the picture up on the screen, and take a picture of the screen.
    Just tried another three times-------answer always comes back 1020116 jpg unable to upload file.
    There is no number 5. Basic ?

Err, am I missing something here-------if I'm having a problem sending out pictures on Facts Forum----how do I get the pictures to you to sort out the problem. As her who shall be obeyed says "Maybe you're getting past it babe"!
    Ok so I'll try bringing up the picture and taking a screenshot, if that don't work I'm getting up and taking a leak.!

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, I never knew Pip Wiley, got to know quite a few of the Hydro boys. Some of them switched to runabout racing.
    London club was all hydro in the early days, same as South Staffs and Oulton Broad and Car Mill.
    Knew Paddy Rolfe for many years, he was the Koenig importer------ haven't got the time this morning !

Maybe we both have the same problem-------after " add files" there is no " basic" on my set up--------it goes straight to ""choose file" and then dies. I always blame Ron ( because it's easy ) maybe the problems with our set ups or management system.
    Pity really, have a few pickies I would like you to see ( Rudes and unmentionables), maybe one day we'll get it sorted !

Thread Information