Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Strom View Post
    Hehe..Jackie...that got you going...
    ..but the OZ class in Bristol was good when Merc raced the 3.4liter T-4
    and OMC only had the slower 3 liter loop V-6...like in 1979..

Just for people to know..this is the Molinari Monster that Jackie is talking about..
    The "Monster" was extremly fast..but one engine did not make it to the finish line...
    2 X 3 liter loop V-6

Yes..I was there at Idroscala, Italy..
    That was convenient wasn't it Lasse-------one engine did not make it to the finish line, but they were both running fine when Seebold passed him. It was a handful i grant you and was quite quick up the straight ----but it didn't like going anywhere else except in a straight line.

Bottom line is Billy won.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A test Jackie...

The start of Paris 6 Hours..but what year???

If you can read Swedish helps..!!
    Was after i finished racing which was '79 Mark was running the ex Bentz seebold-------Peter inwood was running with Nick Cripps in the hodges. Michael Werner was running a Seebold

So it could have been around '80/81. but that's not carved in stone

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackie wilson View Post
    Was after i finished racing which was '79 Mark was running the ex Bentz seebold-------Peter inwood was running with Nick Cripps in the hodges. Michael Werner was running a Seebold

So it could have been around '80/81. but that's not carved in stone
    AND a blast from the past PELLE LARSON, last time i saw him was Abu-Dhabi---holding John hill out of the water trying to save his life !!!!!!!!!!!

Burgess/Evinrude F1 V8 Lars Strom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is fun Jackie..

OK..This is from your favorite Formula ON class...

The World Champion ship race in Cardiff 1975..
    See..the overall winner is drinking champange.. one of the first ever build OMC 2 liter on
    a short mid section..
    The rest of the OMC boats where using the longer shaft mid section...

Cees let me tast the Champange...I was there racing the SE class..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

My racing web site SVERA.se....http://svera.se/blogg/paris-6-hours/

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

This is fun Jackie..

OK..This is from your favorite Formula ON class...

The World Champion ship race in Cardiff 1975..
    See..the overall winner is drinking champange.. one of the first ever build OMC 2 liter on
    a short mid section..
    The rest of the OMC boats where using the longer shaft mid section...

Cees let me tast the Champange...I was there racing the SE class..
    Yes ON was my favourite class----even though it was not as rigidly controlled as i would have liked. Far too much factory secret sh-t was being run

Quite historical--that picture Lasse-------OMC came out with the bullsh-t that they didn't have a 2 litre engine to contest the series--but it turns out they had a very good one. was not one of the first !!!!!!!!!!Omc had 2 liters long before that one.

Make hay though my friend------------it was the one and only race the 2 liter OMC ever won----------that i recall.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes ON was my favourite class----even though it was not as rigidly controlled as i would have liked. Far too much factory secret sh-t was being run

Quite historical--that picture Lasse-------OMC came out with the bullsh-t that they didn't have a 2 litre engine to contest the series--but it turns out they had a very good one. was not one of the first !!!!!!!!!!Omc had 2 liters long before that one.

Make hay though my friend------------it was the one and only race the 2 liter OMC ever won----------that i recall.
    Velden came close in Munich ---but the motor broke-------again-----but was quick while it lasted. OMC had a very competitive but unreliable 2 liter motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Jackie..when it comes to your memory about OMC winning..you are doing poorly..

This is from the year before...Bristol 1974.. The overall winner was Cesare Scotti with a 2 liter OMC V-6 on the long mid section..
    (in your favorite ON class)..
    Cees used the very first short mid section in Cardiff 1975..and got the Champagne..
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Check my own racing history at BRF...http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forum...ead.php?t=6727

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Lars: I very seldon agree with Jackie, but the last picture you say is Scotti "74 can't be Bristol. Scotti was killed in Paris '74 and those motors were not 2L. They were 150 ci and was the very first time they ran any V-6. Johnie Sanders won that race,

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jackie..when it comes to your memory about OMC winning..you are doing poorly..

This is from the year before...Bristol 1974.. The overall winner was Cesare Scotti with a 2 liter OMC V-6 on the long mid section..
    (in your favourite ON class)..
    Cees used the very first short mid section in Cardiff 1975..and got the Champagne..
    Why then did OMC always claim not to have a 2 liter motor---when they clearly did.

Sandra -my eldest daughter taught Scottie how to dance at the discoe's. We had some wonderful friends----------The Rasini's-------The Mora's-------The Scottie's-------the Molinari's Alberto Fioretta, Vassena, Carniti. etc.

Getting old and the selective memory is kicking in.

Guess i am still pissed at Jack Leek and co for the shabby way they treated Mark after his accident in Casale. If it hadn't been for Fred Hauenstein and David Parkinson and Mercury buying 3 seats on an aircraft to get him back to England--Mark would have lost his leg. He was driving a Martini rig and the company jet was on standby in MILAN but they didn't figure it was worth firing up just for Mark. Yes i was pretty pissed at them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary John View Post
    Lars: I very seldon agree with Jackie, but the last picture you say is Scotti "74 can't be Bristol. Scotti was killed in Paris '74 and those motors were not 2L. They were 150 ci and was the very first time they ran any V-6.

Well..I am pretty good at this...Scotti won Bristol 1974...that race was in June of 1974.
    Scotti crashed in Paris 6 hours in October 1974..I was just behind Scotti and did see when he
    crashed in to the bridge..

Edit..I do not know if Scottis engine was 2 liter or more but he raced ON in Bristol 1974

Embassy winners..is Bristol..
    Last edited by Lars Strom; 05-26-2011 at 11:05 AM. Reason: EDIT
    Lars Strom

Life is good

Thread Information