Thread: Jackie Wilson..

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, I can still wield a pen. I'll fall in with whatever you want to do. Autographs are free, but I don't know how you would get the rest of the Wilson family.
    Nobody ever got all the Wilson racers autographs on one page. If you did, it would read GEORGE, JACK, MARK, SAMMY, CRAIG, KATE. Grandpa George. (my dad) died some twelve years ago so won't be signing anything.

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, let's do it the easy way. I will send you a couple of photos from Valleyfield so you will have one for your collection. You sign one I sent, and if you happen to have a copy of a mug shot or pit shot of you that you could add, sign that and put it in the envelope. I will send along with the photos a prepaid envelope for you to send the signed photos back to me. All I need is for you to PM me your address, or I think my email is around here somewhere. I have had some trouble with sending stuff to Mike Ward. Be sure to include all the UK address info that I need to send it to, as Pip Wiley would say "from one of the colonials".

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wayne, honestly , you don't have to send pre paid envelopes, I know we are supposed to be down on our uppers after "Brexit" but I can still afford the price of a stamp.
    It happened again in London last night------six people murdered and another thirty injured by crazy Muslim jihadists. I'm beginning to think Trumpy might have gotten it right with his ban muslims.
    I used to believe everyone was entitled to their own religion, but not at the expense of killing folk in the name of God!

Post Thanks / Like

In our own schools over here, they are sympathetic to the muslim community and their religion , while at the same time attacking Christianity. Donald Trump won the Presidency because he spoke against political correctness and is doing what he campaigned upon. Anymore blood spilled over here in attacks can be blamed on liberal judges and Democrats. I don't know why they hate America when it has given them so much.

We are all very sorry for what is happening over there, and hope that maybe this latest attack will cause many of your leaders to understand political correctness and terrorism are the real and current threat to society and not global warming.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree, Wayne.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.wellaware1.com/london-terror-hoax/

Regards
    Paul.

P.S.

Always remember Unlimited Money buys Unlimited Bull**** !

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    In our own schools over here, they are sympathetic to the muslim community and their religion , while at the same time attacking Christianity. Donald Trump won the Presidency because he spoke against political correctness and is doing what he campaigned upon. Anymore blood spilled over here in attacks can be blamed on liberal judges and Democrats. I don't know why they hate America when it has given them so much.

We are all very sorry for what is happening over there, and hope that maybe this latest attack will cause many of your leaders to understand political correctness and terrorism are the real and current threat to society and not global warming.
    I thought I was just a normal Christian-------I believe in God but don't push it at anyone whatever their colour or religion. But, I'm changing-------I cannot agree with this senseless slaughter of innocents! If five men with knives go on a killing spree "In the name of Allah" then they should be put down like the mad dogs they are. Whatever measures are needed to make sure this never happens again. Bugger Political Correctness, let's get back to saying it the way it is without fear of upsetting people who shouldn't be in my country in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen Jackie.

I don't like to get off target in a thread, particularly on a hot subject such as this. But this is one of the most interesting threads of all, and has wandered far and wide from its origins, so considering the latest news, it's appropriate. I don't think it would be a good idea to keep this current discussion up, so I want to lighten it up a bit and ask you about this mad dogs comment before we get back into boat racing. Kind of change the subject a little bit.

When I was in college in Central South Texas, I went to as many concerts as possible. My friends and I went to see Arlo Guthrie, Grateful Dead, Dave Mason, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, etc. One time in 1970 we drove down to San Antonio to see the Mad Dogs and Englishman Tour. We had no idea who it was or knew any of the performers. Turned out it was Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, the fuzzy headed guy with a lisp that announced at Woodstock, etc. It was one of the best concerts we ever saw, but did not know anyone in the group. A documentary was made, which I saw in a theater a couple of years later, and many in the group became famous. Now my question is....what is it about Mad Dogs and Englishmen that caused them to name that tour? I have heard that phrase since then, but I'm unclear as to the underlying meaning.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Amen Jackie.

I don't like to get off target in a thread, particularly on a hot subject such as this. But this is one of the most interesting threads of all, and has wandered far and wide from its origins, so considering the latest news, it's appropriate. I don't think it would be a good idea to keep this current discussion up, so I want to lighten it up a bit and ask you about this mad dogs comment before we get back into boat racing. Kind of change the subject a little bit.`````````````````````````````

When I was in college in Central South Texas, I went to as many concerts as possible. My friends and I went to see Arlo Guthrie, Grateful Dead, Dave Mason, Black Sabbath, Jethro Tull, etc. One time in 1970 we drove down to San Antonio to see the Mad Dogs and Englishman Tour. We had no idea who it was or knew any of the performers. Turned out it `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````was Joe Cocker, Leon Russell, Rita Coolidge, the fuzzy headed guy with a lisp that announced at Woodstock, etc. It was one of the best concerts we ever saw, but did not know anyone in the group. A documentary was made, which I saw in a theater a couple of years later, and many in the group became famous. Now my question is....what is it about Mad Dogs and Englishmen that caused them to name that tour? I have heard that phrase since then, but I'm unclear as to the underlying meaning.
    `````````````````````````
    Wayne,
    Noel Coward was an English actor, composer, talented------- but gay as a jaybird --------wrote the song "MAD DOGS AND ENGLISHMEN GO OUT IN THE MIDDAY SUN" during a tour of the Far East. Was as far back as 1931.
    It's been used in all sorts of shows by various artists from the muppets to Joe Cocker.
    Even Roosevelt and Churchill got into it during the war. I think it all stems from the days of the Raj in India !
    Your right about getting away from boat racing-------but then , I've always been of the opinion that if you got something to say------say it, don't stew on it and keep it bottled, spit it out and take the hit.
    PC STINKS,

Post Thanks / Like

That's what makes this thread on of the most interesting Jackie.

Thread Information