Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Shots from the pits: Part 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Master Oil Racing Team View Post
    Are Eric and Steve eating TV dinners in the pits?
    Wayne,
    Those are probably "wurst mit pom fritz". That was from Berlin-Tegal, notice the stepped pit area. Steve, well I think it was Michael Cherveny from Austria, did a number on the Danisch. We repaired it back a Dieter's.
    Had I known 1984 was going to be my peak year, I would have tried harder

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Eric, When I saw those barges I thought of Tegel. But the water fooled me. When I was at Tegel it was terribly rough. I only went out to test and to make a run for the TV cameras. I will have pics coming up on the Amazing Story from 1978 coming up next. We were at Tegel for the OD World that year.

Did you check out that little diner a couple of blocks down from Dieter on Saatwinkler Damm? They had pretty good bratwurst, pomme fritte und bier.

Post Thanks / Like

In Berlin, I remember eating down the street from the factory at a street side Imbiss alot. It was close to the canal. One year we stayed the week with Dieter at his house, so we ate there alot. Another, we stayed at a hotel and went to a Balkan restaurant alot. Both trips, we would wind up at a favorite restaurant of Han's in Neu Koln.
    Had I known 1984 was going to be my peak year, I would have tried harder

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't remember what a diner type joint was called, but yes Eric, it was an Imbiss. I'll bet it was the same one. A lot of nearby workers came there for lunch. Never went to Han's favorite place, but we went all over. Had a grizzly? bear stew once, and one time down by a river I had eel soup. It tasted OK but the whole thing was meat over a thousand very fine bones. I only ordered it because I figured I would never see that on a menu again, but it was a lot of trouble to eat.

There was a hotel on Kurfurstendamm, I think maybe called Adolphus. Now I don't know if this is true or not. But a man who had been in Berlin many many years ago told this to me. On the very day that they were to have the grand opening, someone realized that they forgot to build the kitchen. They had to have it catered. I had been told the story a few weeks before Debbie and I left, so we made it a point to eat there. I can't remember if our friends confirmed that, but there was something very different about the layout of the dining room that led me to believe there may be some truth in it.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default thread screwing up again

Dont know if it is happening to anyone else, but this thread is doing the same thing part 1 did, namely the screen picture is expanding to about twice the size of the computer screen. Waynes other thread is also doing the same. When it first happened I was wondering if it was just my computer, but is anyone else experiencing it also?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default another glitch?

Dont know whether is means anything but the time that appears when the post was put up on the thread is three hours behind the time shown on my computer screen. Thought I would mention it if it would help solve the problem. I know I have always been a little behind, but this one isn't on me.
    Last edited by Bill Van Steenwyk; 05-13-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, your preferences were set to show Pacific Time, so the time it showed you was off. I changed it so you should see the correct time.

The side to side spacing does not seem different on this thread than any others. You can turn off the left side bar to reduce the size of the page.
    Since 1925, about 150 different racing outboards have been made.

Post Thanks / Like

Well we could turn off the left side bar a few weeks ago. Now I guess you can't. That is probably what is making your page wider, Bill.

Post Thanks / Like

I went back and looked at the images. Herr Donald's honkin' super size picture is what is making the page wide. Once your browser bumps it to page 1 and you are on page 2 or 3 it should go back to normal. My browser is already showing it as page 1 and page 2 looks normal.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default wide screen

Sam:

Thanks for the help. I guess I should have taken that computer course at the local community college with Eileen after all.

Thread Information