Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Racers in San Diego, CA ?

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any Racers in San Diego, CA ?

I will be in the area of San Diego next week and was wondering if there are any boat racers in that area ? Actually going just south of the border for a few days of R&R and would welcome any racers who are in the area.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Default By Next Weekend..

What dates???

I live 80 miles from San Diego... an hour and ten minutes...Any excuse to go to Rosarito Beach is good for me! We can go to Carnitas George's or Flor Michoacan...or Poncho's...or....

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the question is a very good one and deserves a little more thought. San Diego used to be a "hot- bed" of racing! San Diego had outboards, inboards, hydros & flats. San Diego was full of innovators in the world of boat racing. Where have they all gone? It seems that boats that left Los Angeles went to San Diego and were never seen again. Matter of fact, it seems like a lot of the Los Angeles boats have been lost in the same way, were they lost to POLITICS or did they just die a ........ Rod

Post Thanks / Like

David:

We, myself and KT doodle are in Encinitas, about 45 minutes from Me-hiccup-co. If you're in the area, we would love to hook up with you. I don't do Mexico because of the boarder wait, averaging 1.5 hours in and 1.5 hours out...I got too much to do to wait 3 hours!

Rosarito is a fun place, so is the blow hole in Ensenada. Be careful of the stop sign that was never there....The cop will write you, unm ah, scam you for a bribe because of the alleged stop sign on the road to Ensenada...It was never there, but he will claim you blew through it. Usually cost $50.00 and he won't nail you for 2 days again....

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cool

Well here is my schedule.

Arrive San Diego atout 3:00 pm Sunday, we are supposed to drive to Rosarita then. COme back Thursday night or Friday morning to San Diego. Spending the day there and leaving Saturday afternoon I think about 3:00 to fly home.

Anyone available those dates ? Would like to have lunch, or dinner or something with y'all. Skootz ? Would love to meet you and KT. KT is one of my heros with her enthusiasm.

Ron, anytime you want to come down, just call me !! Not sure if my cell will work in mexico, but it is 269-420-1118. PM me your phone or something and we can arrange for something. Would like to meet you as well and have a couple brews and maybe some lobstor at that place down there and swap tales, well I will listen cause your tales are so cool. I might bend your ear on some prop ideas to !! You need anything from Vic brought to you that I could pack in a suitcase ? I am 45 minutes from Vic and could pack it in with my clothes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which Sunday...?

Just bring Vic Brinkman with you!

The date??? 8th or 15th???

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 8th

Flying in on the 8th, this Sunday.

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosarito...

What a plan...
    I am going to be staying at a villa south of rosarito in the "Ls Gaviots" complex with my girlfriend Annette!
    The plan is to have easter sunday brunch at "La Fonda" GREAT DEAL$13.95 great location outdoors on a cliff above the beach GREAt, GREAT!!!! food and free bottomless bloody marys!!
    I'll be there at 10ish!!
    It's really one of the all time great brunches and beautiful locations!!

Bunker

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, maybe see everyone else then??
    BUnker

Post Thanks / Like

Dave:

You and anyone else is always welcome here, we love guests, especially of the boat racing type. If ya want, we are in Encinitas, closer to Ron than San Diego and I could BBQ my world famous internationally renowned Baby Backs, maranded in Jack Daniels, candied with my secret sauce...That and Fat Tire with tatoes

I'll send you my #'s in PM and look forward to it if you can.

Thread Information