Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lakes Wales Race Pictures - Sun, 4/08/07

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakes Wales Race Pictures - Sun, 4/08/07

Here's the pictures my wife and I took Sunday at Lake Wales. There were so many 250 hydros that they had to run elimination heats. Talk about paint trading - some of today's heats made Nascar look tame.

Since I have a lot of pictures, I will post them first and then get into who won what later.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - Sun 4/08/07

Round 2 of Sunday's pictures from Lake Wales. Enjoy.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Paul for the pics. Sure wish I was there but I would rather be with my family on Easter. Hope everybody was safe. Waiting for results.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's round 3 of Sunday's pictures from Lake Wales. More to come.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Round 4 of Sunday's pictures from Lake Wales.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Pictures - Sun, 4/08/07

Round 5 of Sunday's pictures from Lake Wales.

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Last round of pictures from this weekend's racing at Lake Wales. I will follow up with as many of the heat & overall winners as I have the information on.

Congratulations to the Thirlby Race Team for being the overall winners in Top (1100) Hydro this weekend.

The very last picture is of a Quincy Throttle that Rich Krier is using in his boat. It's nice to know that Rich squeezed the competition with a Quincy throttle. Good going Rich!

thanks,

Paul A. Christner

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wales Race Results

We tried to get the results of as many of the heats and finals as possible, but it was impossible to get all of them as there were a lot of engines drowning out the announcer. If any of you can fill in the blanks for me or correct any errors, please step in and post.

1100 Hydro

The 1st heat went to Sean McKean. Brandon Thirlby was 3rd.
    In the final heat, McKean was ahead of the clock so the race went to Brandon Thirlby. Darren G asked about his friends from Washington -- sorry Darren, my wife talked to them & they had problems with things breaking all day today & finished 4th Saturday. It was sure nice seeing Howard Anderson.

Brandon Thirlby was the overall winner of the 1100 class.
    M50 - Ike Yoder came in 2nd overall.
    T4 - Sean McKean came in 3rd overall.

125 Runabout

1st heat would have gone to Buddy Tennell but he jumped the clock. Winner of the heat was F40 - Jerry Davis (?) & 2nd was taken by F5 - Curt Hellsten.

2nd heat winner was X21 - Brian Payn, F5 - Curt Hellsten placed 2nd and N62 took 3rd.

Overall winner of 125 Runabout went to Curt Hellsten, Buddy Tennell placed 2nd and Brian Payn placed 3rd.

250 Hydro

There were so many 250 hydros that they had to run elimination heats.

1st elimination heat was won by F222 - Chris Hellsten, 2nd place went to D-1 Mike Schmidt, 3rd place went to F14 - Eldredge boat driven by Denny Henderson.

2nd elimination heat was won by G7, 2nd place went to F26 - Rob Erbel & 3rd place went to E71.

The final in 250 hydro was won by F26 - Rob Erbel, who was also overall winner of 250 Hydro.

350 Runabout

M47 - Mike Thirlby won the 1st heat with X51 Rich Krier taking 2nd. Rich had a really good weekend as he won the final heat.

I'm not sure if Rich was overall winner, I missed it. Anyone out there know for sure?

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this weekend at Lake Wales. It was really good to see a lot of old racing friends. The race course was super and the competition was awesome. I hope you who attended can look back with good memories about the race weekend and that those of you who could not attend feel a little like you were there through the pictures.

Congratulations to EVERYONE that raced at Lake Wales this weekend -- you are all winners!

thanks,
    Paul A. Christner

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul.
    These are great pictures. It has been so long since I've seen a racing boat, I am not sure what I am even looking at? Do you think you could give a bit of description of the pictures and people in them? Noted two people that I do know...my old friend and finest racer of our generation, Denny Henderson and my former ward, Sean Mckean! Great that you are still going strong guys! See some other familiar names, but must be kids or even grandkids!
    Hope to see you in DePue Paul. I lost your phone number. Would like to talk to you about your plans?

Alan

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks Paul.........

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    We tried to get the results of as many of the heats and finals as possible, but it was impossible to get all of them as there were a lot of engines drowning out the announcer. If any of you can fill in the blanks for me or correct any errors, please step in and post.

1100 Hydro

The 1st heat went to Sean McKean. Brandon Thirlby was 3rd.
    In the final heat, McKean was ahead of the clock so the race went to Brandon Thirlby. Darren G asked about his friends from Washington -- sorry Darren, my wife talked to them & they had problems with things breaking all day today & finished 4th Saturday. It was sure nice seeing Howard Anderson.

Brandon Thirlby was the overall winner of the 1100 class.
    M50 - Ike Yoder came in 2nd overall.
    T4 - Sean McKean came in 3rd overall.

125 Runabout

1st heat would have gone to Buddy Tennell but he jumped the clock. Winner of the heat was F40 - Jerry Davis (?) & 2nd was taken by F5 - Curt Hellsten.

2nd heat winner was X21 - Brian Payn, F5 - Curt Hellsten placed 2nd and N62 took 3rd.

Overall winner of 125 Runabout went to Curt Hellsten, Buddy Tennell placed 2nd and Brian Payn placed 3rd.

250 Hydro

There were so many 250 hydros that they had to run elimination heats.

1st elimination heat was won by F222 - Chris Hellsten, 2nd place went to D-1 Mike Schmidt, 3rd place went to F14 - Eldredge boat driven by Denny Henderson.

2nd elimination heat was won by G7, 2nd place went to F26 - Rob Erbel & 3rd place went to E71.

The final in 250 hydro was won by F26 - Rob Erbel, who was also overall winner of 250 Hydro.

350 Runabout

M47 - Mike Thirlby won the 1st heat with X51 Rich Krier taking 2nd. Rich had a really good weekend as he won the final heat.

I'm not sure if Rich was overall winner, I missed it. Anyone out there know for sure?

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this weekend at Lake Wales. It was really good to see a lot of old racing friends. The race course was super and the competition was awesome. I hope you who attended can look back with good memories about the race weekend and that those of you who could not attend feel a little like you were there through the pictures.

Congratulations to EVERYONE that raced at Lake Wales this weekend -- you are all winners!

thanks,
    Paul A. Christner

thanks for taking the time to take and post all the pictures................
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Thread Information