Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lakeland Race/Hooters Girls Pics - 4/14/07

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lakeland Race/Hooters Girls Pics - 4/14/07

Last round of pictures from Lakeland today. My wife and I had a great time attending races the last 3 weekends around Florida and taking pictures to post here. No, we're definitely not professional photographers. Still, we had a lot of fun seeing a lot of old race friends and making new ones and hope you've had some fun seeing the pictures we took. Thanks to all of the race teams that cooperated in our endeaver.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

(Please note: the pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied to other web sites without written authorization.)
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark,

Pete was leading the last heat of his class when his unit broke. Really tough luck because he had awesome top end.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default FUn

I loved this race site when raced there in 2004, the people are great and was a really good time. How did Howie Nichols do in is sst120?

Chris

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris,

Howie finished 2nd overall. He took a 2nd in the 1st race & a 1st in the 2nd race. In the first race, he was taking a corner with another racer and the other racer flipped. No one was hurt.

I don't know that they will be racing today as a cold front has come through bringing strong storms and high winds. The Lakeland area was getting hit by storms at 11 am.

thanks,
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Default Paul

Funny you say that about the weather that is the same thing that happened in 2004, I everyone packed up and went home after a few cold ones, not me thou I had to drive back to North Dakota. Do you know who flipped in the corner was howie that fast or was everyone having problems!

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    Mark,

Pete was leading the last heat of his class when his unit broke. Really tough luck because he had awesome top end.

Paul
    Is that a real race V8? Do you have any close up pics? I didn't know there was still any around racing.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim

That is Pete Nydahls boat and yes it is a real race V8. He is from WI his dad was the maker of the race hardware! He set a world record with that boat up here in my neck of the woods!

John how did the sst60s do how did fernadez(spelling ) do with his new boat, just curious cause I used to run that boat and won the race you guys are at in 2004?

Chris

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to see a close up picture of Pete Nydahl's motor, I have one. It's the last set of pictures from Lake Wales Races that I posted here, the ones from Easter sunday. It's the one called coming attractions.

thanks,
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Original Looper 1 View Post
    If you want to see a close up picture of Pete Nydahl's motor, I have one. It's the last set of pictures from Lake Wales Races that I posted here, the ones from Easter sunday. It's the one called coming attractions.

thanks,
    Paul
    Thanks.. Thats cool, I thought I had seen the last of the V8's (still racin anyway). I bet the Merc guys HATE THAT THING.
    THIBODAUX RACING... Timmy Thibodaux

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tim

That boat is very very fast only prob is finding the right prop at Nationals a few years back it was so fast but it kept hitting the rev limiter 3/4 down the front and the motor had alot more just needs that special prop!

Chris

Thread Information