Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts and Observations ...?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wayne

That's an AWESOME story!
    Jeff 93-C

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what Jeff........that comes from BRF member Clayton Elmer himself. Clayton doesn't post anything, but sometimes I have a question and call him for info. He was after all my Mentor. Clayton "taught" me how to race. He fed me info, then gave no quarter on the race course. He read the thread, then called today to tell me about the hydro. It was later on in the conversation I found out the other details about Lake Charles etc.

So the moral of the story is, there are a lot of racers from the past that have a story to tell. If they don't do it......we must. And thanks Jeff... and a word to YOU. Take notes along with your pics...and SAVE THEM!

Team Member Master Oil Racing Team's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't studied this boat closely to see whether or not its the same. I had always thought that Joe Bowdler from San Antonio was driving this. I took this at my first race with a real alky rig at Nuevo Guerrero in Mexico in 1965. So it's the same time frame as Phil Crown's runabout. Clayton says that Phil built 44T himself as a copy of a DeSilva. It was kind of between the older thicker ones and the thinner versions that came later.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information