Frank,

When you get to the point of cleaning the blocks, give Richard Ollhoff a call. As I said previously, he is a Looper restorer & not only that, he restores $100,000 board track racing motorcycles from the frame up and has extensive experience in refinishing the surfaces of extremely valuable racing engines that are made of aluminum. I've seen his work and I am impressed.

I've also seen some engine restorations where the people have ruined the aluminum casting's original patina by improperly glass beading or sand blasting the surface of the aluminum with the wrong grit and air pressure.

As I stated previously, Richard's phone is 715-453-0741 and his cell is 715-218-1615.

You asked how many C Loopers were produced by Quincy Welding. According to my shop records & first hand knowledge of how we maintained records (and sometimes didn't), my best guestimate would be somewhere between 113 - 133 in total. I am finding out as time goes on that not every Quincy R&D engine was entered into the permanent record book. You have to remember that Quincy Welding was a small business that sometimes became completely overwhelmed by the racing portion of our business. Looking back, we all know there were times in our past that we should have written down things pertaining to racing that we didn't.

Keep us updated as you do the restoration by posting more pictures here.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

PS to Wayne Baldwin: Would you please repost that picture you think you have of Phil Crown racing that Looper of Frank's here? Thanks for the nice words.