Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Qunicy Loopers FC64 FG52 FC62

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys..........

If you want to use Loctite, use the blue 242. It will come off with normal tools. The red 262 has to be heated up, along with a bunch of others as well. I tried to avoid it, since it always seemed to react with the aluminum and caused a powdery mess when you needed to remove and re-install. After having to do it a few times, the threads were so messed up, a heli coil would have to be used. Now..........I ALWAYS loctited the heli coils, since they were in to stay, and were never removed.

Head torque? Well, it really depends on the stud or bolt grades you are using.

See http://www.boltdepot.com/fastener-in...ed-Torque.aspx for a torgue table that'll help alot, but you have to either ask Gene, Paul or Frank to find out what grade of bolts they used. Most SHCS (Socket Head Cap Screws) are a minimum of grade 5, but some are 8 as well.

As far as sealing up the head, on Konigs I used to silicone bead around the stud and then add the flat washer. Really messy if you use too much, then add the lock washer then the nut. That usually worked, and seldon leaked water.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dyno Cards for FC-64

Frank,

I found 2 dyno cards for your FC-64, Jimmie Nichols, C Looper. I hope you're as excited as me to see them.

I'm still digging through the dyno cards, as the collection is huge. Also worth mentioning to you Looper & Quincy race engine collectors & fans out there - I have the complete, personal Quincy engine records that include port dimensions & sensitive piston dimensions for almost all of the engines from the 1950's through the 1980's and I am willing, at this time, to share some of this info with genuine Quincy racing enthusiasts on a one-to-one basis.

More to come.

thanks,

Paul A Christner

PS to FRANK VOLKER: I'm sure you remember spending extensive time with this engine, FA207, as there are lots of cards with your hand writing on them for this engine project.

(Please note: These pictures are for your enjoyment and are not to be copied or posted to any other web site without my written permission.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default excited doesn't begin to cover it!

paul,

that is sooo cool. excited doesn't begin to cover the way i feel seeing the cards!!!! wow 80 hp from 500 cc's. that was a lot back iin '71. there must be thousands of cards if the engines came in multiple times. thank you for going thru all the cards to find them. wonder how many hours that took? the cards look to be in good shape considering they were from 1971. heck i bet some of the followers of this thread weren't even born yet.

thank you for taking the time to research the cards for fc64. that will be the next one restored after fc52 is completed.

thank you so much paul,

frank

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

hi all,

i would like to take a little time here and thank everyone who has replied to my postings. paul, frank, jeff, sam, gene and everyone else. all your input has been greatly appreciated. your encouragement has made this project so enjoyable and i look forward to completing the loopers and meeting some of you at the races and antique events.

i did slow down a little, we were in the process of selling my 86yo mom's house and moving her into carroll lutheran village. a good place for someone who was born in germany. most of my free time was taken up with that endevore. well she's in there and adjusting. first time in 35 hears she's not a snow bird. first time she's seen snow in 35 years!

merry christmas and a very happy new year. may we all remember the true meaning of christmas and live it all year round.

frank novotny
    your humble looper friend

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fc52 reassembled bolck

hi all,

hope everyone had a merry christmas and will have a great new year.

fc52 is able to do something it hasn't done in over 40 years, have a crank turn and pistons go up and down in the block!!!! i spent some quailty time over the weekend putting the pistons on the rods and the rods on the crank. then put the whole thing in the block. what a feeling. looking at the before pictures of the block and crank makes it feel all that much better. i still need to rebuilt one carb and will do that this weekend and put them on. going to put the elbows on as soon as i make one more gasket. i hope to update with more picture soon.

here is the progress so far.

frank

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year Frank and everyone else here at BRF,

It's hard to believe that the engine in these pictures is the same one that came out of Phil Crown's collection. You've put a lot of hard work into this restoration and it shows! I'm sure Chris would think your effort is remarkable. Can't wait to see it finished.

I want to let you and all of the other Looper and Quincy Welding fans know that you'll have another web site to visit soon. My family and I are finally doing what we should have done in the beginning. We are putting up our own web site honoring my father, O. F. Christner, and his racing legacy. We will still keep up our section here at BRF - Ron Hill has a great site.

The new site will not only cover the history of Quincy Welding/ Precision Machine, it will also cover much more. Stay tuned.

Thanks to All,

Paul A Christner

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default it's getting there

hi everyone,

paul, thanks for your very kind words. as i've said before, it's been a labor of love getting fc52 running again.

i put the elbows and the heads on. i did make sure about the internal radius on the exhaust side. i used the copper spray gasket stuff on the head gaskets, put 4 coats on. very easy to use.

so when i did that i said to my self, self whay don't you put it on the tower and see what it will look like. so i did. there is still work that needs to be done but i could'nt resist. so here are some pictures of the prioject so far. i haven't finished the lower unit yet sio it's not on the tower. i'm not real happy whith the spacer phil crown made and i have dave scott looking for one he may have. i would really like to get one that quincy made with the handles. the other 2 loopers i have have them. the sparkplug wires will also be replaced. like i said before, it's not finished yet.

hope you enjoy the pictures.

frank

Post Thanks / Like

Default lookin good!

Quote Originally Posted by fbref5269 View Post
    hi everyone,

paul, thanks for your very kind words. as i've said before, it's been a labor of love getting fc52 running again.

i put the elbows and the heads on. i did make sure about the internal radius on the exhaust side. i used the copper spray gasket stuff on the head gaskets, put 4 coats on. very easy to use.

so when i did that i said to my self, self whay don't you put it on the tower and see what it will look like. so i did. there is still work that needs to be done but i could'nt resist. so here are some pictures of the prioject so far. i haven't finished the lower unit yet sio it's not on the tower. i'm not real happy whith the spacer phil crown made and i have dave scott looking for one he may have. i would really like to get one that quincy made with the handles. the other 2 loopers i have have them. the sparkplug wires will also be replaced. like i said before, it's not finished yet.

hope you enjoy the pictures.

frank
    I might have a spare "Quincy" powerhead adaptor plate (the one with the handles)...........
    Daren Goehring
    63-R
    DSH, 500ccmh, 750ccmh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fc 52...........

O. F. is looking down and is proud of what you have done. It is turnung out to be the beauty it was originally.(maybe a bit better) Thanks for sharing this project with us.
    Charley Bradley

Team Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fc 52's first antique meet

hi all,

dave augustine and i traveled to mays landing for an amoci antique meet on saturday. had a blast. met a lot of great people even came home with more than i took there... i'll explain later... here are some pictures of fc 52 at the show on engine stands designed and built by dave augustine. enjoy the pictures.

i'll be starting a new project soon. i'll be getting a b looper together.

frank

Thread Information